DTV Customer Service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

larryah

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 22, 2010
Bartlesville,OK
I had to call DTV Customer Sevice for the first time last night. After reading some of the horror stories on here, I wasnt sure what to expect. I got right in with no waiting, which was a pleasant surprise, and actually spoke with someone who spoke English!! Already this is much better than my experience with Dish in the past. The CSR was knowledgable and friendly. Turns out remote was bad, and they are sending a new one. I have the protection plan, so there is no charge. I am well pleased with this experience, and with DTV in general. Just wanted to let people know that not everyone has problems with customer service at DTV.

glad to hear it!

I was the same way when I got D* but every time I have called them they have been friendly, spoke English I understood and were very helpful. Also when a credit didnt show on the bill properly I got an e-mail letting me know D* screwed up and that they will apply that to the next bill which I thought was cool so I didnt need to call in about it :)

Same thing happened to me! They left off a credit I was supposed to get (for signing a new customer), caught the mistake before I did, and fixed it. I am impressed and relieved after having such a bad time with Dish!

I have been an installer since the mid 1990s and I can say the quality of the Directv CSRs has always been improving. It is the complexity of promotions and the constant changes in the dynamic Directv system that causes some confusion. I just call back for a second opinion. Compared to the offshore call centers the Directv HSPs use for installations the actual Directv representation is a walk in the park.

Consider:..."Ah, you have not used the multiswitch on the work order...we will have to generate a new work order...this will take twenty four hours...then we can close your job...no I cannot take another work order from you. You must go back and be on hold while I take no more than two work orders from any one caller. This center is now closed...do not attempt to leave customer information on any other phone number. Work not closed by the end of the business day will not be entered or paid. What do you mean you are canceling the installation because you cannot finish before this center closes....It is two PM here in India!

Thank you for calling,

joe

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts