DTV Pal is FREE

zoomer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 27, 2003
Just got this email from Dish

Analog to Digital Transition

Beginning February 17, 2009, the government is requiring that digital over-the-air broadcasts replace analog broadcasts. The great news is that most DISH Network customers will NOT be affected by the digital transition! If you purchase your local channels through DISH Network and have all your TVs connected to DISH Network receivers we have already taken care of the digital transition for you since our programming is 100% digital. If you use rabbit ears or an off-air antenna to receive your local channels from an analog TV you will be affected by the digital transition and we have solutions for you. Go to DISH Network -- Leading the Digital Transition for more information and solutions if you are affected by digital transition.

DTVPal Digital to Analog Converter Box - coming June 18th, 2008

DISH Network will offer a digital to analog converter box called the DTVPal beginning on June 18th, 2007. The great news is it will be FREE after the $60 federal coupon!
The DTVPal is a user-friendly digital-to-analog converter that features an on-screen program guide, closed-captioning, parental controls, event timers and much more. DTVPal also has analog pass-through which means that you will be able to switch between digital and analog channels with the push of a button. The DTVPal will give you features and benefits you never got through over-the-air TV. Go to DTVPAL.COM for more information about the DTVPal.

With the DTVPal, or any digital to analog converter box, you will need the appropriate over-the-air antenna to get a digital signal. Go to AntennaWeb for more information on which over-the-air antenna is correct for your area or visit your nearest electronics retailer.

Apparently the OP didn't go to the DTVPAL.COM website. The information there seems to be correct. It clearly notes that the device will not be available until "late June" and that they won't be taking orders for it until then.

DTVPal Digital to Analog Converter Box - coming June 18th, 2008

DISH Network will offer a digital to analog converter box called the DTVPal beginning on June 18th, 2007....
Dish can't even get the date right two sentences in a row :mad:

BTW I received an Email from Dish today (6/23/08) titled "DISH News - Get the latest in June" which included lots of info about things that were available for the last several weeks - DUH.

No wonder Dish is #2 and likely to stay that way until they get some competent marketing folks that can handle tricky stuff like sending out "news letters" while they are still news and proofing reading emails for obvious typos. :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

Dish can't even get the date right two sentences in a row :mad:

BTW I received an Email from Dish today (6/23/08) titled "DISH News - Get the latest in June" which included lots of info about things that were available for the last several weeks - DUH.

No wonder Dish is #2 and likely to stay that way until they get some competent marketing folks that can handle tricky stuff like sending out "news letters" while they are still news and proofing reading emails for obvious typos. :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

Yea even with the correction the date is still wrong as its posted because the date has passed. Not only that you cant even order the unit yet at their website. :(

You however can order today depending on what sale rep you get.

Others reps will say Tuesday or Wednesday is when you can order.
Another group says in July.

Warning: It is like a auction with these sale reps if they do say that you can order.
I have been quoted different shipping prices from two that did offer to sell it to me $14.95 and $16.00 per unit :eek:

I do want to order but not at those shipping prices per unit.

Another caller from a different forum was told
The first two DTVPals that you purchase with government coupons will be FREE!
"Shipping will be $13.95 total per order (not per box) for standard 5-7 day shipping (to a Massachusetts zip code). Overnight shipping will be $24.95 total per order"

Yet another was told:
The DTVPal was $40 and shipping would be $5.95 - $14.95 depending where you live in relation to the warehouse.

It is very frustrating to say the least.

Can you offer me any help or recommendations Scott?

The email I got was the Dish News. It is bad when Dish tells people that the Govt coupon is $60 and sends this email out today 5 days after the 18th when the box was to be available.

Just more proof, if any were needed, that Dish and DirecTV are exactly the same. Except DirecTV has a marketing department.

Just more proof, if any were needed, that Dish and DirecTV are exactly the same. Except DirecTV has a marketing department.
I was wondering why we get to see DirecTV ads on almost every SatGuys page in the Dish forum :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

ps Of course, even DirecTV's marketing could be better. Like an ad in the Dish HD forum that says...
"Click here to see the HD channels that you Dish schmucks are missing" :D

The email I got was the Dish News. It is bad when Dish tells people that the Govt coupon is $60 and sends this email out today 5 days after the 18th when the box was to be available.
You've got to wonder if some nit-wit, in what passes for a marketing dept at Dish, didn't wake up this afternoon and say...

"Dang it looks like I forgot to hit that tricky send button on that rough draft of the June newsletter 3 weeks ago. Oh well, I don't have time to check it for errors now." :rolleyes:

Talon Dancer

From the Echostar Employee Handbook, Frequently Asked Questions section.

Q. I've been working as a Customer Service Rep for a few days, and just came to the alarming realization that there are too many technical things here for me to ever understand. Will I lose my job?

A. Heck no! You have just qualified for promotion into either of our two top-notch departments where your highly specialized skills can be put to good use. Welcome to the Dish Network Legal and/or Marketing Team!

From the Echostar Employee Handbook, Frequently Asked Questions section.

Q. I've been working as a Customer Service Rep for a few days, and just came to the alarming realization that there are too many technical things here for me to ever understand. Will I lose my job?

A. Heck no! You have just qualified for promotion into either of our two top-notch departments where your highly specialized skills can be put to good use. Welcome to the Dish Network Legal and/or Marketing Team!

Actually they put twits like that on the CEO e-mail box... There are actual lawyers in Legal, but they don't care about the rest of the company. I ain't touchin Marketing... They'd sell their children's souls for a 20-sec slot during Superbowl Sunday.

Is Dish planning to add any Digital TV channels (locals) anytime soon? The cable company has been adding many Digital channels earlier, but I wonder when will Dish or Direct be considering doing the same thing.