This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DTV Recievers will not detect triple LNB dish!

Status
Please reply by conversation.
When I installed my triple-lnb dish, I had a small tv and my D* receiver outside. Ran a RG-6 cable straight from the dish to the receiver. This will rule out the possibility of bad cables. If this does not work, maybe the integrated multi-switch or the lnb's on the dish are bad.

You might want to check the coax connectors. I did a similar installation (but went to superdish) with new RG-6 coax and had a problem. I made the cables and connected through a 5x8 multiswitch (powered). After hour of hair pulling I disconnected all cables from Sat to Switches and using a Ohm meter discovered a short in two of the connectors I made (single filament of shielding wrapped around center conductor -dang near invisible. New connectors solved problem.

I also have the Sammy TRS-160 and it has been a work horse for me.

Sat Chaser

Can someone tell me how this problem was resolved? I've tried to set up the triple LNB with exactly the same result! I haven't got the HD receiver yet and am attempting to get my RCA DRD430RG to recognize the triple LNB multiswitch but it keeps coming back with a "failed" message. Have the dish set to the cooridinates that the receiver indicates. Tried various adjustments to the azimuth, tilt, vertical: all to no avail. I do get some weak signal but the receiver message keeps telling me "wrong satellite found".

What you have to realize that your receiver detects a signal not dish type. For exitance if you have a 3 lnb dish but it's only picking up the 101 sat on auto detect it will see it as a round dish. You have to pick all three signals the 101,119 & 110 sat for it to be detected as a 3 lnb dish.

The coordinate is only a base starting point. You have to tune in your signal for each sat. if your not exp. in aiming a dish I would recommend hiring a local installer to aim your dish. He should not charge you that much to aim the dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.