DTV TR-40 No Longer receives any signal

C1787GJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 19, 2005
MASSACHUSETTS
I have a DTV TR-40 and it stopped working recently. I have 2 other boxes that work fine connected to the same equipment with strong signals. Anyone have any other suggestions? The warranty is only 90 days and I am passed that. In the trash it goes if I can't get it to work, anyone need a spare remote and power cable ;)

It turns on fine, will scan for channels but finds no channels. It had been working fine until all of the sudden none of the channels would come in. If I use 2 other brands of converter boxes with the same antennas and wires they both work fine. I have tried unplugging the TR-40 leaving it off for a few days and tying again and still no channels are found. I can see the menu and when I go to Point Antenna no matter what channel I select, even one that I know has a strong signal at my house it shows 0 on the signal meter. I think it is just done :(

You could use Beagle .
Great tool, and wonderful suggestions Smith, but the OP probably won't want to spend $300 to fix a $60 box (unless of course he does lots of things in that field). But once again, thanks for the great suggestion, I might get one of these just for the fun I could have :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)