DTV w SWM and Protection Plan

Status
Please reply by conversation.

realpoet01

Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
When my DTV was originally installed back in 2008 DTV hadn’t started rolling out the SWM to my market yet thus I had to purchase it on my own and install it myself. Up until recently the unit has been working great. However, every once and a while I will turn on one of my TV’s and I will get no picture just a dialog stating *searching for signal* other times I will be watching my TV and the image will start to pixelate. I am thinking the issue is possibly a bad SWM as my resolution is to power cycle the SWM. The question I have is that I signed up for the DTV Service Protection Plan and I am wondering if it would cover this even though the SWM wasn’t installed by them.
:up for DTV!

imo the only thing you can do is call and ask. In my situation i had the SWM installed in my new house but wanted them to get rid of it because it didn't work with my old dvr's. They said they cant do anything because thats the new way. I told them i would just change it out myself cause its cheap and easy and they told me this would damage my entire system and void all warranties. She also said your installation has to match the original installation or you have to pay for it. But I seriously think she was just feeding me a line of crap since she seemed to know nothing about the equipment. But anyways maybe they will not care because you upgraded your system whereas I am about to downgrade mine. Just call them and see what they say..

As a rule, no they don't cover customer installed equip, as far as I've ever heard. I know the PP doesn't cover things like AM21s for example.

Odds are though, if you have a tech onsite, it won't matter to them. If you have a swm switch they are harder to come by for the techs, you could end up with a swm LNB instead, unless your setup prohibits that?

As a rule, no they don't cover customer installed equip, as far as I've ever heard. I know the PP doesn't cover things like AM21s for example.

Odds are though, if you have a tech onsite, it won't matter to them. If you have a swm switch they are harder to come by for the techs, you could end up with a swm LNB instead, unless your setup prohibits that?

????

The PP doesn't cover the AM-21's, or are you talking about if it was self installed ?

It is a iffy thing. I have had to have tech reschedule because I have a SWM8 switch that a tech actually installed as a quick and dirty fix to a problem . It took a while to eventually get them to put it on the equipment list.

No it doesnt have to match what we show but it might cause a resechedule likeif you have a power inserter go bad which is differtn voltage then a swm lnb power inster the tech is going to have to order a new swm 8 switch often to get a new PI and come back to fix. Best thing for them to do is get them to note tate it on the work order and hopefully the tech will be nice enough to make sure he has the right stuff before heading out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts