DTVPAL DVR ?

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
Just got mine hooked up & have a couple of questions...

1. seems like it runs fairly warm like my 722, but I did not find any temperature readings in the diagnostics. Do I need to worry about the "warmth"?
2. there is no picture of the present station being viewed when the guide is brought up on the screen. Is there a setting to alter this?
3. Is it possible to change the remote address on this unit? Both it & my 722 have the same remote 1 address.
4. my unit is not connected to the internet. Will I be able to install updates if/when they become available?

You seem to be one of the first to receive this unit so most questions are unanswerable because there is no experience.

#3 if it is anything like the DTV Pal the remote uses address #0 so it broadcasts all DISH address codes so you need to isolate it from other DISH products or stop using the included remote and use another DISH remote set to address #1 and set other DISH products to a code other than #1. Don't know if this is true with DTV PAL DVRs or not.

#1 Mine seems to run quite cool compared to my 722's

#2 No, there is no setting to set you cannot get Picture in guide unless they decide in a future software to add it.

#3 You can change the remote address just like on any other E* receiver.

#4 When the updates are made available on the DTVpal website you can download it to a flash drive and use the USB port to upgrade.

Just got mine hooked up & have a couple of questions...

1. seems like it runs fairly warm like my 722, but I did not find any temperature readings in the diagnostics. Do I need to worry about the "warmth"?
2. there is no picture of the present station being viewed when the guide is brought up on the screen. Is there a setting to alter this?
3. Is it possible to change the remote address on this unit? Both it & my 722 have the same remote 1 address.
4. my unit is not connected to the internet. Will I be able to install updates if/when they become available?

You can temporary hook it up to the internet and force a software update; otherwise download it to a flash drive and then install the new software.

It is possible to change the remote address on the DTVPAL? Don't think I have changed the remote address on any of my Dish products over the years. Where can I find this info?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts