DTVPAL DVR ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnewt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 6, 2003
Shepherdsville, Ky
Just got mine hooked up & have a couple of questions...

1. seems like it runs fairly warm like my 722, but I did not find any temperature readings in the diagnostics. Do I need to worry about the "warmth"?
2. there is no picture of the present station being viewed when the guide is brought up on the screen. Is there a setting to alter this?
3. Is it possible to change the remote address on this unit? Both it & my 722 have the same remote 1 address.
4. my unit is not connected to the internet. Will I be able to install updates if/when they become available?

You seem to be one of the first to receive this unit so most questions are unanswerable because there is no experience.

#3 if it is anything like the DTV Pal the remote uses address #0 so it broadcasts all DISH address codes so you need to isolate it from other DISH products or stop using the included remote and use another DISH remote set to address #1 and set other DISH products to a code other than #1. Don't know if this is true with DTV PAL DVRs or not.

#1 Mine seems to run quite cool compared to my 722's

#2 No, there is no setting to set you cannot get Picture in guide unless they decide in a future software to add it.

#3 You can change the remote address just like on any other E* receiver.

#4 When the updates are made available on the DTVpal website you can download it to a flash drive and use the USB port to upgrade.

Just got mine hooked up & have a couple of questions...

1. seems like it runs fairly warm like my 722, but I did not find any temperature readings in the diagnostics. Do I need to worry about the "warmth"?
2. there is no picture of the present station being viewed when the guide is brought up on the screen. Is there a setting to alter this?
3. Is it possible to change the remote address on this unit? Both it & my 722 have the same remote 1 address.
4. my unit is not connected to the internet. Will I be able to install updates if/when they become available?

You can temporary hook it up to the internet and force a software update; otherwise download it to a flash drive and then install the new software.

It is possible to change the remote address on the DTVPAL? Don't think I have changed the remote address on any of my Dish products over the years. Where can I find this info?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)