DTVPal/TR-40 Remote Address Conflicts

I understand almost HALF of this information...and just enough to thoroughly confuse me.

Here are the DISH receivers I have...a 625 DVR (Duo) and a 322. Additionally, I have a DTV Pal for each of my 4 TVs -- to get my adjacent market stations. The ONLY remote I can successfully program to operate a DTV Pal is the TV1 remote for the 625 -- it's a 6.3 IR/UHF Pro.

The problem remotes are the 6.0 IR/UHF Pro which controls TV2 of the 625; and the two remotes for the 322, which are the 3.0 IR (for TV1) and 4.0 IF/UHF Pro (for TV2).

Can someone provide some help, please? I'd really like to have my DISH universal remotes controlling my DTV Pals. Thanks, in advance!

Eric

Workaround for universal dish remote

I have a 4900 receiver with a uhf/ir remote (1.5). I've been using a Digital Stream dtv box and remote for antenna channels. I recently bought the dtvpal plus thinking it would get me back to using one remote. Obviously, not the case. Dish is sending me a new 3.2 IR remote for free (had to quote this site as a reference, but got them to do it via email). In the meantime, I have found a way to use the Dish remote to do everything except change the size of the picture (i.e. full, zoom, etc). Turning both boxes off was my sticking point. As was said earlier, if one box is on and the other is off, with the SAT button enabled, if you push the main on/off button, it will toggle between the two boxes. If you push the tv/video button with both boxes off, this will turn the DTVpal on, but not the Sat box. Most other things are intuitive and work just like the Dish receiver. Here's what you can do to turn both boxes off. Get the Satellite box on and the dtv box off. Then, push the tv/video button. This will turn the dtv box on also. Then, push the main on/off button. Now both boxes are off. At least, that works with what I have. Thanks for heading me in the right direction. :D

Can someone with the 3.2 remote tell me if they can adjust picture size with it? I believe the Dish receiver ends up being AUX and the dtv is SAT, correct?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)