Dual accounts same address Hopper/VIP line.

I would like this post except that I definitely DO NOT like the dual account part. :(

Maybe he just REALLY doesn't want her to see what he watches on TV. It's a waste of money, that's for sure.

As a Dish employee, my opinions are my own, and do not represent my employer in any way, shape, or form.
Judging from the home cars and stuff the they owned money isn't an a worry.

I did the same thing several years ago, right after the installer left I shut off the account with my 811/522 once I had my new VIP 722 setup. Dish said my wife was a "new" customer, but wouldn't let me get a new receiver at the time.

I guess I'm a big 'ol money waster... I have four Hoppers, one Joey, and a 722k on a separate account. There are several reasons why :-
1.) Because I can.
2) I can take the 722k anywhere I want without any worries.
2.) Two more tuners + dual OTA.
3.) Sometimes my 722k is more reliable at recording things than all four of my Hoppers combined.
4.) Because I can.
5.) Did I mention... Because I can?

When I moved back in 2007, I was going to do a Dish Mover but I still wanted to have service at the old house for a few months while I did some work on it getting it prepped for sale. Somehow they set me up with a brand new DHA account with all the discounts and 2-year commitment while keeping my old account active until I canceled it 3 months later. So for a while, I had 2 accounts active as well.

I think this is mostly about having two accounts active at the same address. That's how I took it atleast

I think this is mostly about having two accounts active at the same address. That's how I took it atleast
I know, I just thought this was a good place to tell my story how I got new customer pricing without waiting the requisite 3 months or using Dish Mover. :)

For 2 years I had both a Dish and TWC cable. I had the super b asic cable before that. I called to cancel and was made an offer that I couldn't refuse. For only about $8/mo more I got basic digital cable with a dvr and a digital box for 2 years. Basically the only time I used it was to watch MSG.
Then a month ago I got a letter that said my rate was going up by $30/mo. Next days the dvr and cable box were back at the TWC office. I was told they would put the trap in the line in a few days. So far they haven't.

it was a rural customer and people like those here usually will have like 3 different address that all are the same location.
there is the old grandfathered "12345 whatever road" that many people still use, then people will have a rural route box whatever address to get their mail delivered to the home and then there is the new e-911 address system for emergency services.

on the same note with rural customers in my region I service if you cant contact them or have intimate knowledge of the back roads and county roads forget about locating a customer using any gps or mapping system accurately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)