Dual c/ku feed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

sikma

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 7, 2005
Dish Farm Up North
Does anyone know if this Astrotel dual c/ku feed assembly would work on a offset 4' dish? In particular, I'm wondering if it's specifically for a BUD because of the focal length. I know the distance from feedhorn to dish on my oldb BUD was considerably further than my current P* dish.

Attachments

• pmcku2x2_1.jpg
    pmcku2x2_1.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 137
That looks like it is set up for a prime focus dish. I believe you can change the scalar ring so it will work with a offset dish, but i have not done that myself. Take a look in the mini bud thread, i seem to remember some posts about the different styles of scalar rings for offset and prime focus......

If your in a home owners assosiation which restrict dish sizes, than I can understand your intrests in a 4' dish with C band. There seems to be some comment that using a dish under 6' for C band is not very effective. Ive been using a 5.5' dish, while it does work, the availible channels will be limited. I would advize caution about investing much money in a C/Ku combo for only a 4' dish. You might try the "side-by-side" lnb arrangment.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)