Dual HD Tuner Single TV Dish Receiver

j.vo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 4, 2004
I have a 922 and a 622. I deactivated the 622 because of the 17 dollar a month fee and it was in a room that was seldom used. Now I may want a receiver back in that room.

Dish charges a premium for that second standard definition TV output that I have no use for. Is there a receiver that will drive only one HD set and give me the ability to watch and record satellite channels at the same time? What is the additional fee to have it active on your account?

Thanks,

J.Vo

How is the stability of this receiver? 600 series? Isn't this several years old?

How is the stability of this receiver? 600 series? Isn't this several years old?
Scott Greczkowski noted the introduction of the ViP612 34 months ago.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/123052-first-look-dish-vip-612-hd.html

In contrast, the ViP622 was to be introduced at the 2006 Consumer Electronics Show.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/49000-exclusive-dish-vip-622-vip-222-a.html

The ViP612 may still be considered a red-headed stepchild.

Well put. Personally, based on posts here, I'd pay the extra $7 and have a ViP722 or ViP722K.

A 211 with an external hard drive will give DVR capabilities for $7/mo. Disadvantage is cost of purchasing the hard drive and the one time $29 DVR fee.

A 211 with an external hard drive will give DVR capabilities for $7/mo. Disadvantage is cost of purchasing the hard drive and the one time $29 DVR fee.

And that he can't share EHDs between the ViP922 & the ViP211.

I have a 922 and a 622. I deactivated the 622 because of the 17 dollar a month fee and it was in a room that was seldom used. Now I may want a receiver back in that room.

Dish charges a premium for that second standard definition TV output that I have no use for. Is there a receiver that will drive only one HD set and give me the ability to watch and record satellite channels at the same time? What is the additional fee to have it active on your account?

Thanks,

J.Vo

So did they get rid of your "HD Duo (2TV) DVR Receiver" $17 fee all together?

Yes, deactivating the 622 saved me 17 dollars a month. I also dropped my programming from AEP to Bronze with Platinum HD. Have since added a mac mini with OTA tuner to our main TV and toying with a boxee box for the room we had the 622 in.

I am not ready to drop Dish just yet, but that is my goal. Gone are the days of the 508 receiver and fee-less television. There are other sources for entertainment beyond Dish and even television.

Thanks for the replies. I will hold off on the 612.

the OP requested the ability to watch & record at the same time....the 211 is a single tuner unit and I thought the one time fee was $40 for the EHD?

the OP requested the ability to watch & record at the same time....the 211 is a single tuner unit and I thought the one time fee was $40 for the EHD?

Well, the first receiver is included in the base price. So, if you have only a 211, then it should be $0.00 with the one-time $39.99 (or $40....I don't recall which one it is if someone gets technical over a penny :D). However, for example, if you have a non DVR HD Duo, then you would pay $7/month for the 211. If you have 3 211s, then the monthly fess respectfully would be $0.00 for the first, $7.00 for the second, and $7.00 for the third. Of course, DVR integration is optional, but if you do want DVR integration, it would be $39.99 (or $40) plus you would need an EHD (which you may have some lying around or may need to buy some). However, you will not have to pay the $6/month DVR fee or however much it is as long as you do not have a DVR receiver such as a 722 (,and I won't go into listing all the rest). I believe the 922 has a higher fee, too.

Also since you can view a different program off the tv2 output why not use that to watch it on your computer the modulate the tv1 picture to that separate room and I agree the 612 from personal experience it has had a poor record since its inception ie a lot of doas

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)