kbs world on 61.5

minjoke

Original poster
Oct 10, 2009
pa
My English illiterate father wants to watch korean kbs world. I understand that kbs world is so called "public interest channel" that anyone with any level of programming package can watch, however without resorting to package deal, is there any way my father can just watch the kbs world? One more thing, his apartment can only see 61.5. Thanks for your input.

nope, it is on 118.

get direct tv and the korean package.....more and much better programming. only $40 a month...cheaper than renting at the korean stores or market which cost $1.50 per DVD with only 1 episode. that mean if you rent "D Yi" 60 episodes, it will cost you $60+ for one series. the programming is 6 weeks old from korea broadcast with english sub.

nope, it is on 118.

get direct tv and the korean package.....more and much better programming. only $40 a month...cheaper than renting at the korean stores or market which cost $1.50 per DVD with only 1 episode. that mean if you rent "D Yi" 60 episodes, it will cost you $60+ for one series. the programming is 6 weeks old from korea broadcast with english sub.
Its also on 61.5

I believe Dish plans to eliminate all internationals at 61.5. Dish is still migrating subscribers, but they seem to nearing the finish line on this. So, at some point, the OP may need to see 118 for KBS World.

I am betting that DISH will duplicate the internationals on both 61.5 for eastern arc subs and on 118 for western arc subs. Once western arc goes all mpeg 4, I am betting that there will be room on the regular sats at 110/119 or 129 to be able to move all internationals to one of those. Then they will stop using 118 for regular DISH subs, just like we stopped using 105 and 121 sats. Then you could get all the channels available on either eastern or western arc using one sat dish: the 1000.4 /with either eastern arc lnb or western arc lnb. One dish , for both arc, and all channels available. One dish for Simple installations. Also all those subs that want just international channels with just the 61.5 sat, won't have to be changed out either.

I believe Dish plans to eliminate all internationals at 61.5. Dish is still migrating subscribers, but they seem to nearing the finish line on this. So, at some point, the OP may need to see 118 for KBS World.

KBS world is a "public Interest" channel so I bet it will stay there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)