Dual LNB

Status
Please reply by conversation.
T

txtom911

Oct 11, 2006
My antenna has just a single LNB. Am I missing out on something? What are the reasons for the multiple heads on some antennae?
I use a multi-switch (2x4) to operate 4 separate receivers. A couple of my receivers have two tuners. Can I install a 2x6 on my system to supply all the tuners or is some other configuration needed?

B

bonscott87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 27, 2004
You miss out on any programming off 110 and 119 which is primarily HD, spanish and standard def locals. That's with the triple LNB dish.
The new 5 LNB adds in 99 and 103 which carry MPEG4 HD channels.

damaged

damaged

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 22, 2005
South of Heaven
txtom911 said:
My antenna has just a single LNB. Am I missing out on something? What are the reasons for the multiple heads on some antennae?
I use a multi-switch (2x4) to operate 4 separate receivers. A couple of my receivers have two tuners. Can I install a 2x6 on my system to supply all the tuners or is some other configuration needed?

Like stated above, if you do not want/need internationals (spanish etc), or HD, you are missing nothing.

Yes, it is as simple as changing out the 2x4 with a 2x6 to feed more tuners.

T

txtom911

Oct 11, 2006
Thanks and another question.

Thanks. Since I haven't moved to an HD TV yet, don't need any international programs and all the locals are currently being received, I guess there is no reason to upgrade to additional LNB's.
My DVR receivers have two tuners. If I connect to both tuners, does that get billed by DTV as two receivers? Will my bill for 4 receivers suddenly change to 6 if I connect to the second tuner on each?

V

VinPro

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Aug 1, 2005
Clifton, NJ
txtom911 said:
My DVR receivers have two tuners. If I connect to both tuners, does that get billed by DTV as two receivers? Will my bill for 4 receivers suddenly change to 6 if I connect to the second tuner on each?
No, each DVR is treated as one receiver whether you have one tuner connected or two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.