Dual LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

txtom911

Original poster
Oct 11, 2006
My antenna has just a single LNB. Am I missing out on something? What are the reasons for the multiple heads on some antennae?
I use a multi-switch (2x4) to operate 4 separate receivers. A couple of my receivers have two tuners. Can I install a 2x6 on my system to supply all the tuners or is some other configuration needed?

You miss out on any programming off 110 and 119 which is primarily HD, spanish and standard def locals. That's with the triple LNB dish.
The new 5 LNB adds in 99 and 103 which carry MPEG4 HD channels.

txtom911 said:
My antenna has just a single LNB. Am I missing out on something? What are the reasons for the multiple heads on some antennae?
I use a multi-switch (2x4) to operate 4 separate receivers. A couple of my receivers have two tuners. Can I install a 2x6 on my system to supply all the tuners or is some other configuration needed?

Like stated above, if you do not want/need internationals (spanish etc), or HD, you are missing nothing.

Yes, it is as simple as changing out the 2x4 with a 2x6 to feed more tuners.

Thanks and another question.

Thanks. Since I haven't moved to an HD TV yet, don't need any international programs and all the locals are currently being received, I guess there is no reason to upgrade to additional LNB's.
My DVR receivers have two tuners. If I connect to both tuners, does that get billed by DTV as two receivers? Will my bill for 4 receivers suddenly change to 6 if I connect to the second tuner on each?

txtom911 said:
My DVR receivers have two tuners. If I connect to both tuners, does that get billed by DTV as two receivers? Will my bill for 4 receivers suddenly change to 6 if I connect to the second tuner on each?
No, each DVR is treated as one receiver whether you have one tuner connected or two.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)