Dual LNBF Troubleshooting Help Needed

Status
Please reply by conversation.

equant

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 23, 2007
Tucson, AZ
I have a dual-ouput Cband LNBF that is connected to two diseqc switches. One switch goes to a Coolsat 4000, and the other switch goes to an AZBox. No multiswitch.

When either box is switched to use the LNBF by itself, it works fine. When both receivers are connected to the LNBF at the same time, the signal on the coolsat goes out. I can't tell you at the moment if it goes out on the AZBox as well, because I forgot to check.

Anyway, this to me sounds like an LNBF problem, but I thought I'd fish for any ideas, known problems, etc before I go tearing everything apart looking for the source of the trouble.

Thanks.

Wouldn't it help to post a diagram of your setup? I've had the same problem with Ku band LNBF's and various switches and receivers and it seems that it may be a compatibility issue but we don't know what switches you're using other than the info you posted.

This could be an issue with the design of the LNBF or switch, but most likely it is the result of a voltage potential on the ground of one or both of the receivers. This may be a receiver design or even the house wiring could be the cause.

For starters, try serving both receivers from the same AC wall plug .

Also try grounding the the switch and bonding the dishes to the ground.

Try swapping ports for both the receivers and LNBs

There was a similar thread last year here on SatelliteGuys, where a European member went through many scenerios in a multi family building sharing a dish.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)