Dual Mode/Single Mode control

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Ceighmey

Original poster
Sep 4, 2008
I am new to the forum so i apologize if this has already been discussed, but is there any way to control the Dual mode/Single mode switch on my ViP622 DVR without having to manually push the button on the box? In other words, can it be worked around where I can program that function into my universal remote? :confused:

Does anyone else find this annoying - why wouldn't this be something that can be changed via remote?

Thanks

No way to change via any remote. I'm always in single mode, so no bother for me.

Probably 97-98% of users set the mode and leave it. Dish didn't think that was enough to warrant a button on the remote, but I agree it would be convenient.

You're just gonna have to get off that Lazy Boy and press that button.

cheers

Request Upgrade

Is there a way to request this to Dish to have them add this functionality. I like keeping my receiver in single mode so i can PIP on my TV2, but sometimes we want to watch different things on TV1 and TV2. I have to walk two stories of my house to find the box to hit the button. A menu option to make the change would be great!

Is there a way to request this to Dish to have them add this functionality. I like keeping my receiver in single mode so i can PIP on my TV2, but sometimes we want to watch different things on TV1 and TV2. I have to walk two stories of my house to find the box to hit the button. A menu option to make the change would be great!
Does somebody hide it from you?:D
I agree, a button on the remote would be nice.

i disagee that there should be a button on the remote.... a option in the menu sure, but not a button... people accidentally put it in single mode unknowingly way too much as it is

Yes, an option about 3 levels deep in the menu would be good. That way you would have to really WANT to switch modes. They should still make the 'warning' banner pop up as well.

Yes, but some people don't like for us to mention the ceo@echostar.com e-mail address.

:eek: OOPS, did I do that! :eek:

Jim:

Don't put any email address on the Web !

That is where spammers get their email addresses.

If 100 spams arrive to ceo for every customer email, then the customer emails can get lost - especially if they need to install aggressive anti-spam software that sometimes also removes emails that is not spam.

SO, just provide the address in a way that cannot be read by spammers' email harvesting software:

CEO _AT_ ECHOSTAR _DOT_ COM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)