Still no PR/AK/HI HD information?

Is there no information about this yet? I'm from PR but from what I understand, we're all ignored equally...

I'm in Hawaii. Here and Alaska, we get a ten channel HD package (from 110 degrees). My 110 dish is 1 meter (though the new e*11 sat has such a strong spotbeam on us that the dish doesn't need to be that big anymore).

What HD do you get w/ what size dish pointed where?

For HI/AK, Ciel-2 which launches next month and is headed for 129 degrees should be our HD salvation early next year.

Nelson61 is the map king and he's working on that satellite's proposed footprints over the next few days. It should be very good for HI/AK, but I don't know if PR will get similar coverage.

I'm in Hawaii. Here and Alaska, we get a ten channel HD package (from 110 degrees). My 110 dish is 1 meter (though the new e*11 sat has such a strong spotbeam on us that the dish doesn't need to be that big anymore).

I looked for that package and is nowhere in dish site.

What HD do you get w/ what size dish pointed where?

I have 2 dishes for 110/119 (5' / 4') I was going to get a 3rd one for 61.5 but I decided to wait since I read about Eastern/Western arcs. We have a spotbeam pointing down here and read somewhere here that some interesting things were planned for us. I guess the interesting things will happen *soon* :-(

For HI/AK, Ciel-2 which launches next month and is headed for 129 degrees should be our HD salvation early next year.

Nelson61 is the map king and he's working on that satellite's proposed footprints over the next few days. It should be very good for HI/AK, but I don't know if PR will get similar coverage.

I don't know if we will get 129 here.

From what I saw of the CIEL-2 coverage was that AK and HI were not covered by the CONUS beam. Both get a spot beam with feeds from 5 TPs. I could be wrong, though.

PR definately gets nothing from 129.

From what I saw of the CIEL-2 coverage was that AK and HI were not covered by the CONUS beam. Both get a spot beam with feeds from 5 TPs. I could be wrong, though.

PR definately gets nothing from 129.

Yup, I think I saw that Hawaii will be on Spot 55. I hope it's a strong signal like e*11.

Anybody know what's coming up to help our friends in PR?

I looked for that package and is nowhere in dish site.

It sounds like PR can get a similar HD package to the HI/AK ten-pak (though smaller for the same price. I just saw it (in Spanish) on the dish site under programming menu: Hawaii-Alaska-PR

Still in talks,No time frame for HD packages for PR yet,Probably will be an enhanced package just for Ak,HI and PR, but that's what they told us last meeting on August, You can not aim to 129 from here(PR)61.5 with a 6 footer is the way to go.

thechnoguy whats your counseling on this, shall i wait or buy a 6 footer or 5.5 foot antenna

If you want full HD right now just "move" your service address to any part of the east coast,Keep your billing here,5.5 footer dish doesn't guarantee you'll have the proper signal for your HD svc(Some tp on Echo 12 can fading out at some point)that's the reason I recommend to use a 6' dish anywere on the Island.

thank you technoguy its just that didnt wanted to waste money later to know that dish added a hd pack to 110 also how big of a price diference from 5.5 to a 6 footer? by the way i already have a east coast address with hd receiver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts