New 61.5 slate

alebowgm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 29, 2004
Channel 9902 congrats slate has changed! Maybe something in the works for 72.7 now, considering Charlie has forgotten to put one there.

Here is what the screen looks like now. (Well except for the SatelliteGuys watermark) :)

Attachments

• 615.jpg
    615.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 544
I'm not even sure what these slates are there for, since the modern receivers can identify the satellites on the signal strength screen. You wouldn't think Dish would be encouraging pirates to find the satellites, but you never know.

I think they are there so the CSR's can verify that a customer can actually receive a certain sat. (ie 61.5, 110, 121 etc..) while on the phone to said customer.

They are also good for people with disabled receivers to receive free Muzak while working in the garage. I don't know who would do that though.... *looks around*

Pretty much the reason why, just so that there is a verifer. With that said, there has never been one at the 119w orbital location, but there are at

and there used to be one at 105 (may still be there)

So 72.7 and 119 are left in the dark.

Common Dish, we just need 2 more!

I think they are there so the CSR's can verify that a customer can actually receive a certain sat. (ie 61.5, 110, 121 etc..) while on the phone to said customer.

They are also good for people with disabled receivers to receive free Muzak while working in the garage. I don't know who would do that though.... *looks around*

Best reason ever to have junk receivers. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)