Dual Receiver

juniorskill

Jun 26, 2010
new york
Hey guys! Let me first say imma newbie. I have a dishnetwork dual HD receiver. It shows perfectly fine on TV 1 but when i get to TV 2 its saying sat not found. I'm just looking at the screen where sat 110 or 119 is displayed...no progress and no anything. Can anybody help m with this problem.

Thanks alot

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
well how is the receiver hooked up the LNB?

What kind of LNB do you have?

The dual tuner units can be hooked up a couple different ways but it all depends on what LNB or switch you have?

juniorskill

Jun 26, 2010
new york
I have a 6 foot dish connected to two single winegaurd lnb....both lnb goes to a spliter or a device which combines both signals into one.....then that goes to the receiver....if i enter the receiver menu and go check switch input one says ok but nothing for input two

n0qcu

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Earth
If the OP needs a 6 foot dish I don't think he is in new york. It also sounds like a legacy setup with a single cable when two would be needed

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
so it sounds like you have 2 single legacy LNB"s and a SW21

If so, you need 2 DUAL LNB's and another SW21

one cable from each LNB to the SW21's and two cables to receiver

juniorskill

Jun 26, 2010
new york
ok Iceberg....clarify this for me. This is my set up: two single lnb going into a sw21 and from the sw21 it goes into a separator which is connected to the back of the receiver.
now if i try the set up you gave me whats gonna happend with the separator thats connected to the receiver.

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
Separators can only be used with DISH PRO PLUS TWIN LNBs or with a DPP switch. Dish Pro or LEGACY LNBs require 2 lines from the dish to the dual tuner receivers.

juniorskill

Jun 26, 2010
new york
Ok...last question. With teh set up I have and the insights you guys gave do u suggest I get another sw21 switch or use the dpp switch and keep the separator

TimberWolf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jun 7, 2010
PA
If you use another sw21 you need to change to legacy dual lnbs and run another line. If you switch over to a DPP Twin, it just replaces both legacy LNBs and the sw21

juniorskill

Jun 26, 2010
new york
Your suggestion is to use a dpp twin lnb but i can't because i'm using a 6 foot dish and not a dish 500. I wanna know what lnb's i can use to have both tv's up without running a

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
The only other option is 2 DishPro DUALS (or singles) and a DP34 switch

but the 1st option I have was the cheaper route as old Directv or Dish Network duals are a dime a dozen

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts