dual systems

detroittech

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2006
What's the deal with dual systems? I was in Royal Oak, MI the other day and they have a dual system there. is the 2nd line for the return or digital or what? someone told me once it's because they can't rebuild the system to serve above 600 MHZ because of the town charter or something so they had to run a whole seperate plant for the return...

does anybody here work in a dual system? a brief overview would be appreciated, i'm curious...

In our area it was an A/B system until recently. Each line had 13 channels, A for OTA and B for cable channels, which were limited to CNN, Discovery and a few others and had to use an A/B switch. Recently they upgraded the system with HD, internet, etc. on a single cable.

detroittech said:
What's the deal with dual systems? I was in Royal Oak, MI the other day and they have a dual system there. is the 2nd line for the return or digital or what? someone told me once it's because they can't rebuild the system to serve above 600 MHZ because of the town charter or something so they had to run a whole seperate plant for the return...

does anybody here work in a dual system? a brief overview would be appreciated, i'm curious...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts