dual-tuner ATSC tv tuner card? Suggestions??

cableuser001

Original poster
Oct 9, 2008
Hi,
I am looking for a dual tuner ATSC tuner card, which will enable me to record one channel and view another channel. Can anyone suggest a TV-Tuner card? (Already checked HD Homerun, but it is too expensive)

Without hardware encoding ATSC tuners should cost less, shouldn't they?

Thanks.

One alternative you might not have considered would be two single-tuner cards.

note: posted by someone who has absolutely no knowledge of this particular subject. :)

That price looks almost cheap.

I have the ATI HDTV Wonder, but it's single tuner and I'm not sure the EPG will be available after 2/17/09. I hardly use it anymore since I have so many digital TVs now.

HDHomerun is $170. Too expensive. Reason for not going for two individual tuners, lack of space on the Motherboard.

Can you clarify this,
-Since Digital TV/ATSC tuners don't need any hardware/software encoding it should be less burdensome on the CPU? Why do the TV tuners have really high specs for CPUs, 2.2GHz for viewing and 2.8Ghz for recording. Doesn't make sense.

Thanks.

HDHomerun is $170. Too expensive. Reason for not going for two individual tuners, lack of space on the Motherboard.

Can you clarify this,
-Since Digital TV/ATSC tuners don't need any hardware/software encoding it should be less burdensome on the CPU? Why do the TV tuners have really high specs for CPUs, 2.2GHz for viewing and 2.8Ghz for recording. Doesn't make sense.

Thanks.

Seen them cheaper than that.... watch this thread for some good prices:

HDHomeRun - Dual ATSC or QAM to Ethernet Box - Page 49 - AVS Forum

Plus you get to use a ton of more software with the unit, not to mention the software will handle the two tuners just fine at the same time with no issues.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts