Dual Tuner DVR qusestion

pete424

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Andover KS
Dual Tuner DVR question

Is there a limit to the number of dumb questions I can ask on this forum? Hopefully I have one more left. I recently started with dish net and I have a VIP-622 stb. My question is how do I record one show while watching a separate live show, or can I? With TIVO I could do this and with the COX dvr I could do this. I have read the manuals and all I can find is how to record one show while watching a previously recorded show.

Last edited:
Yes, you can. There are several ways.

One way is to pick a program from the guide you want to record and set the recording. It will record automatically. You just pick from the guide what you want to watch live and it will let you.

Or you could set a manual timer and use the EPG or direct channel # entry to go to the channel you want to watch live.

Or if you are watching something you want to record and keep, just press the red record button, say yes to "record to end of event?" and then go to whatever other channel you want to watch.

With the ViP622, you can record two satellite programs and one digital OTA program at the same time. At the same time, you can watch a program from the DVR on your main TV and yet another program on the DVR on the second TV. Five streams at once.

When I try either of those in dual mode or single mode I get a dialog box that tells me if I continue I will stop my recording.

If you want to watch it on the same TV disable tv2.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts