Dual tuner adapter for OTA recording issues with Hopper3

I am just guessing but do not know if this is even remotely correct and I could be 100% wrong but you did say you have the local channels package with DISH, would there be a possibility this in in conflict with Primetime anytime if it was enabled since you did mentioned the night hours?
I do have local channels thru Dish. Don’t have Prime time Anytime set. Only using OTA adapter for 1 channel Can you explain how the timer priorities work ? How are the priorities assigned? I only set manual timers for specific shows. No recurring series. I am thinking that since I had many manual timers set that same evening the shows that did not record were bumped? I set up a timer today on the OTA adapter and it did record again, so it is working.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I do have local channels thru Dish. Don’t have Prime time Anytime set. Only using OTA adapter for 1 channel Can you explain how the timer priorities work ? How are the priorities assigned? I only set manual timers for specific shows. No recurring series. I am thinking that since I had many manual timers set that same evening the shows that did not record were bumped? I set up a timer today on the OTA adapter and it did record again, so it is working.
I don't have Prime Time Anywhere enabled either but the priority is basically the number closer to 0 would have the higher priority so if you had two things set for 9PM, 1 would have priority over 2 so the smaller the number, the higher the priority.

My recollection when I had the single tuner dongle was that if I recorded the same channel and the after (of 1) overlapped the start (of 2) that the hopper was smart enough to actually record both as stated. If they were different channels the new program would clip the after time of the first.

I've never had a problem with the two-tuner start/stop times. The only problem I have is that the guide info is incorrect or incomplete so I have to use manual timers.

I don't have Prime Time Anywhere enabled either but the priority is basically the number closer to 0 would have the higher priority so if you had two things set for 9PM, 1 would have priority over 2 so the smaller the number, the higher the priority.
Thanks for info. Forgive me I am a novice (formerly with cable). i set only manual recordings in the mornings for shows I want to watch later in the day.
How does the system assign the priority?
Is it based on the order in which you set the manual timers?
Or in order of times for shows you are trying to record?

Thanks for info. Forgive me I am a novice (formerly with cable). i set only manual recordings in the mornings for shows I want to watch later in the day.
How does the system assign the priority?
Is it based on the order in which you set the manual timers?
Or in order of times for shows you are trying to record?
Priority is set by order of the timer being created. So each new recording would have a lesser priority over existing recordings set for the same time.

Priority is set by order of the timer being created. So each new recording would have a lesser priority over existing recordings set for the same time.
But you can edit the timer and move it in the priority you want. You can even make it so the timers created go to the top of the list instead of the end of the list of timers. I created my timers and kept them in a certain order for recordings. I even put them in the order that they occurred on a day to day basis.

For example:

1. GMA
2. The View
3. General Hospital
4. News at 11am
5. News at 5pm
6. News at 6pm

But you can edit the timer and move it in the priority you want. You can even make it so the timers created go to the top of the list instead of the end of the list of timers. I created my timers and kept them in a certain order for recordings. I even put them in the order that they occurred on a day to day basis.

For example:

1. GMA
2. The View
3. General Hospital
4. News at 11am
5. News at 5pm
6. News at 6pm
I keep all my series timers in alphabetical order. No problem with the Hopper 3.

Reactions: MikeD-C05 and Bobby