Dual Tuner OTA adapter (AirTV)

My Dish VIP211K locked 86 channels, the AirTV tuner installed on my new Wally receiver only locked 57. Every TV in the house locks more than the AirTV.
That may have more to do with the Wally than with the AirTV tuner. Wally has always been a poor performer with OTA scans, with any model of Dish USB OTA adapter. The exact same adapter hooked up to my Hopper Duo gets better results than my Wally ever could get.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
Your TV is tuning to one channel at a time.

The Air TV dual tuner tunes to two channels at the same time - therefore it must have a splitter built in to the internal electronics and that means at least a 3dB loss or 1/2 the signal to each tuner.

Without any internal amplification that means it is absolutely less sensitive at each tuner, you can't fool mother nature.

Reactions: charlesrshell
It seems eveybody has different results. In my case, tv input and airtv tuner gave me the same number of stations and subs with the same video quality. I haven't tried rescanning with hopper 3/airtv tuner to see if I might get few more (late night or early in the morning as our Crodrules suggested). I will one of these days.

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)