Dual Tuner Receiver/Phone Line & Additional Receiver

Gentleman

PIT MEMBER
Original poster
Oct 16, 2003
New Orleans
I know that you need to keep a dual tuner receiver connected to a phone line to avoid the additional charges, but what about other single tuner receivers on the same account, my question is because I an contemplating getting a dual but I have a single tuner that I occasionally take to the lake place a couple days at a time over the summer months which will not be phone line connected

Basically my question is does all receivers on an account need to be phone line continuously connected or just the dual tuner to avoid the charges, and yes I know the legalilty stuff, etc, just need an answer to a basic question

Thanks

Bob

ONLY the dual tuner/dual output receivers need this. I say this, because there ARE dual tuner receivers that do NOT require the phone to avoid the extra $5 fee, such as the 721 & 921 receivers. And of course, it makes no difference on ANY single tuner boxes.

Also, the phone charge takes some time before the system picks it up. If you are going away for a week or two, should be no problem not having it hooked to a landline. If you are away for a month, that may be another story as the receiver phone in only about once a month. Just be aware you will get a message every morning warning you about hooking up to the phone line each day that the receiver is not.

Thanks for the replies, the dual will be continuously hooked to the phone line, but the single will be transported occasionally, not as often as I would like but work constraints keep me from enjoying the get away place as much as I would like which makes me wonder why I need a single if I obtain a dual tuner, I was under the assumption that the dual constantly checked the phone connection and I would be charged for an additional receiver if it was not, never realized it was only if it does not connect monthly. I keep track of the dates when my receiver calls in and I can certainly avoid being away on those
dates

Bob

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts