Duke Lacrosse

It's beginning to look like the only people going to jail in this fiasco are the false accuser and the equally culpable District Attorney Mike Nifong on a federal civil rights violation. :rolleyes:

I love how the other stripper is on record as saying if the accused (pretty much the entire Lacrosse team) is not guilty then they should "feel good about themselves" and not have a care in the world. I don't know about you, but if someone falsely accused me of a criminal act---which could land my keister in prison for 15 or more years--the district attorney was blindly using this event to self-promote his re-election campaign, and the fact I had to raise 100 thousand or more dollars in order to mount a credible defense against these false charges and overzealous DA slanderings....I would certainly have cause for concern.

I wonder why the Durham police haven't made the DNA contributors identity public (at least by relationship)? Again, rape is a horrific crime...but you can't bring incredible accusations into the public media without credible evidence.

riffjim4069 said:
It's beginning to look like the only people going to jail in this fiasco are the false accuser and the equally culpable District Attorney Mike Nifong on a federal civil rights violation. :rolleyes:
Don't forget the taxi cab driver who was arrested on a 2.5 year old warrant for a misdemenor that mysteriously surfaced when he was "asked" if he wanted to revise his statement.

I wonder why the Durham police haven't made the DNA contributors identity public (at least by relationship)? Again, rape is a horrific crime...but you can't bring incredible accusations into the public media without credible evidence.
From what I was hearing on ESPN Radio, it sounded like the 3rd guy charged today was a possible, although inconclusive, match to the DNA found on the finger nail. I've yet to hear though what from that DNA was from. Hair or skin doesn't mean a whole lot. If it was blood or seman, it's a little more damning, but I'm not going to judge yet.

Overall, Nifong has totally screwed up this case. He should seriously be investigated on ethics violations if anything the defense has claimed is true.

Can a DA really push this issue just on politically motivation?....I mean he has to have SOMETHING that he has not been told to the media that just has not come out. I agree if she is lying, they should go after her at full force....but let's see what happens when they appoint a judge, I am sure that if he thinks the charges cannot hold water, he will dismiss the case. Now, if he allows it to go to grand jury, then he may have seen some evidence that we do not know about...so we just should wait before we pass any judgement. And that little press conference by the accused was just grandstanding by his lawyers to possibly pollute the jury that may get picked. Now I am in agreement with most that OJ is as guilty as I am living in Miami.....hell, I see him all the time looking for the killers of Nicole at the Micossookee Country Club and Golf Course...so let's go easy on him. I mean weeding through the rough in the bushes looking for his golf bal....errrr...ah...killers is very hard work. As far as Kobe, she was full crap also, if I am not mistaken, she had sex with someone with 24 hours of the rape...I don't know about you....but IF you had just been raped, I would think that having sex is THE LAST think on your mind. She went late to a man's hotel room, did the nasty because she was star-struck, felt guilty that she messed around with a married man...told a friend, friend insisted she was 'forced' in consensual sex...and said just enough into her ear to file charges....THAT is what I think happened.

While everyone wants to cast aspersions on the accuser, let's not forget that Colin Finnerty was already on a diversion program he entered after being charged in a District of Columbia assault. So, not everyone there was exactly a choirboy. I have my doubts about what happened also, but there are issues with both sides of the case. By the way, North Carolina Central is not exactly a rival to Duke. I went to Duke, and spent some pledge time on NCC's campus. Envy, jealousy, maybe, but definitely no rivalry there.

Well Crystal Mangum (the accuser) aint much better, she has a bad rap sheet, she got arrested once for stealing a taxi and then trying to run over the cop who was trying to pull her over for it (as well as speeding and DWI). I would link it, but this board got all upset that i put that arrest article on here so i will just say the copy of newspaper arrest article on her is on dilby.

Latest Info:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=2476013

Kim Roberts (the 2nd dancer) "stated that she heard that [the accuser] was sexually assaulted, which she stated is a 'crock' and she stated that she was with her the whole time until she left."

In an April interview with The Associated Press, Roberts said she initially doubted the accuser's story but had changed her mind. "I was not in the bathroom when it happened, so I can't say a rape occurred -- and I never will," Roberts said. But she added, "In all honesty, I think they're guilty."

The accuser told a nurse who examined her that she was not choked and that no condoms were used by her attackers. Defense attorneys have said that DNA tests showed material recovered from the victim matched a single male source who was not a member of the lacrosse team.

Now if only one of the duke lacrosse players can test negative for steroids, we could get something going with this case...

Otherwise it'll be forgotten...

Duke Rape Case - Charges Dropped

Only the rape case. They are still facing kidnapping and sexual conduct charges. The DA was forcefull in stating that these three men definately raped this lady. Apparently he actively hid facts favorable to the defense. Now his only public evidence, the accuser, is changing one of the only solid parts of her claim, which is that she was raped. From the video that I saw of her stumbling around just before she said this occurred, I don't know how she could tell the difference between being held against her will for sexual reasons and having guys trying to hold her and help her out of the house.

The case is unraveling at break-neck speed, soon the entire case is likely to be dismissed. Then hopefully they will go after the DA's job and licences.

If I were the defendents, I would be planning very large wrongfull prosecution lawsuits against the county. I don't imagine the DA is going to drop the charges and admit that nothing happened. More likely he will drop the charges and just claim that he can't prove beyond a reasonable doubt. I find it very interesting that he is pleading with the media to not bother him. It is even more interesting that the media is cooperating.

Part of what gets left out of all these debates are the specifics. In particular, are you even aware of the info regarding the OJ case?

I didn't read this thread until today. I wonder if the OJ book just proves to you more that he is innocent?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)