Duke home court bias. (1 Viewer)

Register Today to see less ads! It's Free!

lefatman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 10, 2008
Frederick MD USA
Am I the only one who is getting sick of the homer calls that Duke seems to get in Cameron.That first half I just watched was pathetic. John Cahill must have a dinner date with Coach K after the game.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
It's unfortunate, but ALL teams get "home cooking" calls...ESPECIALLY in basketball and football. Seem teams, I am convinced there are agendas against. I have always thought there has been a vendetta against my Raiders and The U.

But some(who aren't fans of those teams), say it's me.

salsadancer7

SatelliteGuys Master
Jun 1, 2004
South Florida
It isn't you Salsa, it is a very apparent home cookin' advantage. And none is more obvious then the Dukies i Cameron.

...I have ALWAYS noticed that. Hell they get MORE than their share on the road. I watched when Duke came down here....they got ALOT of calls against The U. Now I am not a big U basketball fan...I watched the game and they were getting calls you usually get AT HOME....but on the road.

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
VaTech went 2-15 from 3-point range.

IMHO, this sounds like sour grapes.

Maybe if they shot better than 32 percent...

"Home court bias" sounds like a cover-up for "we couldn't shoot well."

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Griffin, GA
Am I the only one who is getting sick of the homer calls that Duke seems to get in Cameron.
ACC officiating in basketball has never been stellar.

At the Tit in Atlanta, we used to jeer Lenny Wirtz on a regular basis after a bad call.

SandraC

On Vacation
Apr 10, 2008
NJ
Yeah, it's not like one college is the only victim of home cout bias. And Sabres also has a point, it's a convenient excuse when your team doesn't play well. :rolleyes:

Sandra

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts