Dumb question? How to enter 'dot' via remote?

joeyjojojnr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
There's a lot of buttons on the 722 remotes.

I'm stumped as to how to enter a dot when typing in a channel directly.

We like to jump to our locals such as 17.3 or 45.1 but I can't seem to figure out how to type the dot via the remote.

If you have the SD channels locked out just entering the first 2 channel numbers will give you the XX.1 channel.

I use this with my TiVo because the TiVo can't generate 5 digit channel numbers.

Since no current sub-channel is above 9, just use the leading-zero 3-digit number with the sub-channel as a 4th digit. It is a slightly slower tuning (by a second or two) than the leading-zero sub-channel as it waits for the fifth digit, if you can punch that fast.

Probably in your favorites list you will not want the .0 mapdown of the dish LIL. Then the 3-digit alone will take you to your .1 channel. WRONG, just tested that and while it worked in the guide, out of the guide it took me to the .0 channel. So don't bother to eliminate the .0 (Dish) channel as it will be easier to remember--I'm going to change my habit now although I do prefer not to have the .0 when browsing the guide. I usually look through the 6xxx channels to get a compact list of Dish-relayed HD channels.

BTW, I thought .0 was suppose to be the analog (it is on my TV) but since the 722 does not do those, it can't be, yet it is recordable. I see, on all-sub that both dish locals and dish HD-locals are listed as .0.

Sorry for the wandering,
-Ken

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts