Dumbest thing I've ever heard of (billing)

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
Hi,
I pimped my brother to get Dish. He doesn't have credit cards so he had to use a green dot money card to pay his bill. Anyway, he went to order a PPV and it wouldn't work. He called customer service and they said since he has no CC that he needs to have a credit on the account in order for remote PPV to work. So he goes and drops $500 on his account. Tries to order, still doesn't work. Long story short despite the fact that Dish has $500 of his money they won't allow him to use the remote to order PPV. :rolleyes:

What a joke. Everytime he wants to order a PPV he needs to call or do it online.

I'm wondering if a prepaid visa or mastercard would work? I don't trust CSR's they always give conflicting advice.

Sounds like he has the new billing method. as long as a credit is on the account he can order PPV, but he has to order it via the automated phone system or by speaking to a representative.

If he has $500 to post as a credit line with DISH, why didn't he just get a secured visa card through Household Bank or someone and then he could have qualified under the standard billing method and not have this issue and still have his money readily available as a secured line of credit.

Because a Dish CSR told him thats how he should do it.........

Remember one thing when dealing with a salesperson: Their advice is biased towards closing the deal. He didn't have a credit card at the time and the salesman presented him a workable solution. Generally, people want instant gratification, not "go get a credit card and call us back."

Yes, secured credit card is the way to go. It provides all the same convenience as the unsecured credit card.

does he have a phoneline plugged into the receiver? and if he has dsl, does he have a filter properly installed for the receivers phoneline?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)