PHOENIX
SEATTLE

Following markets will have 4 networks simulcasting HD on Western Arc:

Memphis
Grand Rapids
Norfolk
Mobile
Orlando

Yakima only get Fox HD simulcast added to 129.

Tomorrow a good day for some

The first five in the list would get ION.

The second five just means they have so MUCH capacity now on 129, that several Eastern Arc markets will also have HD on Western Arc.

How much insider info someone in Australia has about DISH, I don't know. :)

Why ION & not CW or MyNetwork? ION is one of the very few stations I can get OTA here in the foothills southeast of Seattle. LOS to the towers in Seattle (NW) is blocked by a 900' "mountain" & Fox (WSW) is blocked by 600' hills. Apparently Fox is adding a "translator" in Seattle, but it's where PBS, CW & MyNetwork are - blocked. :-(

WPXA used to be a pretty useful channel, a couple of years ago they were showing Hawks and Thrashers games as well as some Conference USA football games produced by CSTV... now though, I guess it just puts E* one channel closer to matching D* in Atlanta :)

Hooray! Now I have THREE different ION feeds...Pacific, Eastern, & Mountain. :rolleyes:

Last night, they were showing the same movie twice in a row. So you could literally start the movie at 4,6,7,8 or 9. (It was on two different channels at 6)

Following markets will have 4 networks simulcasting HD on Western Arc:

Grand Rapids

Should be noted that for GR, the 4 networks are really 3, as we have 2 ABC affils. CBS (Freedom owned channel) is not there. Just didnt want people thinking they were going to get CBS, NBC, ABC and FOX (HD's) out of GR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts