how many times to you?

ronfelder

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2006
south jersey
Was wondering how many times have you lost your locals and had a screen saying " sorry for interruption there is no need to call us. We are working to have this channel back as soon as possible."

I believe this is atleast the third possibly third time this has happened with in the last month or two. There was a post posted about two weeks ago asking people if they have this problem. Well I do. I don't know what the problem is but am getting tired of it. When I get home from work I would like to watch my local news and this is preventing me from doing so.

what about all you people out there with E*. have you been loosing your locals like this?

Ron

Every day that HD Detroit locals were on 118.. for some reason it would always default to 61.5 witch i would get virtually no spot beam signal on. I now have 129 and thats a problem of the past :angel:

That message comes up if the signal for that spotbeam is not being transmitted OR if there is no lock on the signal. If happens often then you need to call DISH and ask them to troubleshoot intermittent loss of signal if no current channel issue is reported in your market.

Have seen this screen many times. Have asked both here and other techs along with E but noone has any answers. Quick fixes usually can be cleared with front panel resets, check switch, but normally you have a fault within the system somewhere that will require a tech to come out and look at it. Last one I had was an LNB issue. This is some type of equipment issue at every job I have seen it at.

i wouldn't be surprised that a lot of us will be getting those slates this week and possibly next week. they may be trying to test out new equipment due to the DTV change that is happening friday. i had one last night, but today all is well.

Yes, the same thing happened for the Syracuse, NY locals yesterday at the same time as dennispap reported for New Orleans locals. Could this also be severe weather happening at the uplink center in Virginia? That would also affect locals for other markets at the same time.

Yes, the same thing happened for the Syracuse, NY locals yesterday at the same time as dennispap reported for New Orleans locals. Could this also be severe weather happening at the uplink center in Virginia? That would also affect locals for other markets at the same time.

Severe weather is exactly what was happening at the uplink center in Mt. Jackson, Virginia at that time yesterday. It has happened 3 times that I have seen in the past couple of months. I believe they were reporting golf ball size hail with those storms yesterday.

I've had it happen a few times including yesterday, but more annoying than that is that WSB SD in Atlanta has some rough audio sync issues and frequent glitching - none of the other SD locals have it that I've seen, and WSB HD is fine...

It's happened a few times with me and my philadelphia locals, usually when there is extra bad weather in the area.

On one particular occasion I tried to switch to the over the air broadcast and that was also down. So I'm not sure how much of this is actually Dish's fault and how much can be blamed on the local.

It happened on WNCN this morning. When I switched over to OTA, they were off the air, so no big surprise there.

Ted

Was wondering how many times have you lost your locals and had a screen saying " sorry for interruption there is no need to call us. We are working to have this channel back as soon as possible."

I believe this is atleast the third possibly third time this has happened with in the last month or two. There was a post posted about two weeks ago asking people if they have this problem. Well I do. I don't know what the problem is but am getting tired of it. When I get home from work I would like to watch my local news and this is preventing me from doing so.

what about all you people out there with E*. have you been loosing your locals like this?

Ron

Happened to me last week and again yesterday and today for my Burlington VT locals in SD. However my HD locals were fine. This was during the 6pm local news.

Hope they get on the ball and fix it. Anyone got any inside news to whats going on?

Gonna happen next few days

This is something that is going to be happening over the next few days in many locations. The reason is the DTV switch over. The OTA signals that E* is picking up will switch to a different digital channel OTA. We will be doing this tomorrow night and moving from ch 13 to ch 9 so all will have to rescan. What has been happening recently has been possible testing the new transmitters or maybe weather related. In fact I just spoke with the uplink to let them know the time that we will be shutting down the old transmitter and powering back up with the new full power transmitter.

it is happening right now in the SF Bay Area. Many times now last couple of weeks. Always when I want to watch local and national news! This is getting old DISH. And don't give me that crap about the switch to digital.....there has been more than enough time to prepare for this. I am fed up. I cannot obtain OTA since I live far too far from the towers for that.

Anyone with "D also experiencing this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)