Dumped 129................

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
Just had a tech out here because of 129 dropping signal. He informed me that the HD Stations that I was having problems with were "mirrored" on 65.5. So.........seeing that I had already had a 61.5 satellite dish, why not use that one for those channels. OK, now, I disconnected the 129 satellite dish and am using the 61.5, everything is well except 1 question............ The 129 satellite coax was hooked to the #1 contact on my DP-44 switch. He just unhooked the LNB (I had the 129 satellite on a separate dish under my Dish 1000 dish) and put the connector down the tube of the dish arm. I went back after he left and found that the connector was hot. I then went and disconnected the coax from the DP-44. Now, is it ok to leave the # 1 connection on the 44 empty or do I have to move all the other coaxes up?
Thanks for the responses.

Lyle

I'm going to have to make *some* kind of changes. First I was getting a weak signal on 129 every now and then, but I am able to live with that. Especially with Ciel 2 going up next month. But now I'm having issues with my HD locals on 118.7. It almost seems like it's a software problem though and not a signal issue but I'm not sure. I need to get some pictures of my dish and switch so I can get some help from the informed members here.

My locals in HD are available on 61.5 but I'm not sure if I need some kind of smart card for that and I'm not aimed in that direction.

Whatever satellite port you change, you'll need to run check switch on the receivers.

I did do the switching of the ports. Before I left for work. I also called Dish when I couldn't get anything on the recievers but the warning windows that there was problems with the satellite hookups. The CSR was really "out of touch" with the reality of the situation. She ask my a bunch of questions on her card that didn't even come close to what the problem was, and finally said that that's all that she could do and I needed a tech. to come over and solve the problem.............I really haven't had this much trouble......ever, with a CSR. But in my trying to listen to her I found out that I could do a check switch, like you said, and after I told her I couldn't waste any more time, I had to get to work, I hung up. Thats when I did the check switch for both 722's and all is well, now.
I really appreciate the responses. I hope that this helps someone else that has problems with that darn 129 with the life going fast, as we speak.

Lyle

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)