Eastern Arc 77 Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ontwowheels

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
When my 612 does the System Info test, I get a red X on 77. The installer said that is because 77 is not broadcasting correct. My question, should I be getting that red X? I know 77 is not broadcasting, but shouldn't I still get a signal from that Sat?

Charlotte NC customer.

THANKS

If the last check switch was done before it was turned on, that is what you should see. If you run the check switch now and it still shows as "x" then there is a problem. Check it and get back to us.

Newbe.....how do I run the check switch?

and THANKS for the reply.

Yes, it would have. There are no channels available yet, so cannot understand why the "x" for the position unless the dish is not pointed quite right or a line was not connected correctly. Have you rerun the check switch or see if there is any kind of signal strength when you select the 77 sat location on the point dish screen?

Yes, it would have. There are no channels available yet, so cannot understand why the "x" for the position unless the dish is not pointed quite right or a line was not connected correctly. Have you rerun the check switch or see if there is any kind of signal strength when you select the 77 sat location on the point dish screen?

No, I will do this this evening and let you know, THANKS for the help.

I go into check switch, all three show green, 77, 72.7 and 61.5. I do test and I get:

The check switch test has found you have fewer satellites than previously detected. Selecting Save will result in a loss of channels. Press Cancel to keep the original setting and return to the previous menu. Only select Save if you are sure that this new setting is corret for your installation or you have added/removed equipment. I select cancel. I assume this is because it is not getting a signal from 77. System Info screen still shows 77 red X, 72 and 61.5 green.

Had 77 been there during the install, then got lost? I do remember that the installer went up to adjust the dish, I think to get my 61.5 channels in correctly...and probably messed up 77.

Sound right?

THANKS again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)