Dumped DirecTV for Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Hell Raiser

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 12, 2004
Well after over a year of BS rumors that new HD content will be available soon, I waited , waited and waited. Now we are to get local HD content next? Well I can get all my local content OTA!

Dish gave me a sweet deal $299 + $49 credit and there Total package for 6 months with Voom for $67/month ! A 942 and 625 unit!

Bye bye to rumors and broken promises from DirecTV ! Hello Dish I can't wait.

Oh BTW anyone want to purchase my DTV equipment Newest Samsung HD unit, SD TIVO, and 2 RCA SD units?

I wish you the best of luck... I left E* because I got sick of rebooting my receivers daily.

Good luck... maybe some of the kinks have been worked out.

ShadowEKU said:
I wish you the best of luck... I left E* because I got sick of rebooting my receivers daily.

Good luck... maybe some of the kinks have been worked out.

Ditto, I liked their programming packages and pricing but their hardware (the 811 is what did it for me) is horrible unless you stay with the low end (301) or boxes that have been out for over a year.

rad said:
Ditto, I liked their programming packages and pricing but their hardware (the 811 is what did it for me) is horrible unless you stay with the low end (301) or boxes that have been out for over a year.
Exactly... Had an 811, 522 and 2 510's the 510's were great but the 522 and 811 required supervision... I jsut dont have time to work on my receiver every day... im going on 9 months without supervising my urrent receivers.

I had an 811 with an optical audio port that never shut off. Too bad my DVD player and 811 shared my receiver's digital audio port. Because of this in order to watch DVDs I had to undo the cable from the back of the 811. I hated it. DISH said it was a known flaw.

I've had Directv ever since March of 2004. I'm LOVING it!! In fact, I just got an HD-DTivo for $299 before the $100 mail in rebate.

The 942 is actually a pretty nice unit. Its not perfect and some things missing as compared to the HD Tivo but in the end, a very nice unit indeed. Now the 811....... Thats a piece of junk. Nice picture when it actually works but getting it to work is another story. Good thing its free as part of my lease program. I wouldnt pay a penny for that thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.