Dunkin Donuts in Salt Lake City???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall DBS

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 29, 2005
Jonesborough, Tennessee
Ok so I am in Salt Lake City right now taking a refresher course for my new job being a truck driver for Central Refrigerated. I have been in town now for almost 2 weeks, so this goes out to all the people from SLC, is there a Dunkin Donuts in the area?:confused:

Google maps knows. And nope.... while there used to be a Dunkin Donuts in Denver, I went a LONG time without them. They are not really a western franchise. And not a one in the Salt Lake basin...

Your in the west, so go to Winchells.

Consider yourself lucky. Duncan Donuts are all over the place here, we always had a few but something like 27 opened up in the past 3 or 4 years. Tim Horton’s > Duncan Donuts. Although I think coffee is absolutely putrid and the only liquid I’ve found to date that tastes worse than beer and I’m not a fan of donuts, Tim Horton’s has better breakfast and lunch meals then DD.

Tim Horton's has better donuts, but who in the world consumes anything other than donuts and coffer at either establishment? We stopped at TH for coffee and lunch when we were driving through Canada this summer...and their meals were just a putrid as DD. I stop at DD for their coffee, my wife like DD for their coffee and strawberry glazed donuts, and we both avoid eating meals at these places.

Tim Horton’s has the best sandwiches! I’m not a soup guy, but their potato bacon soup is awesome too, only problem is it goes pretty fast and most locations are out of it more often than not. One night I hit 12, that’s right TWELVE Tim’s locations as I was 0-12 at finding it. The other day I had the new Club Sandwich at one location started driving and went about a mile and a half down the road and had another one at a different location. I don’t like coffee or any latte related things except for their Iced Cappuccinos. What you had up in Canada might have been different what we get in the US. Tim Horton’s Canada and Tim Horton’s USA are two essentially different companies. Like I said not a big donut guy, but I will eat one or two if offerer. Tim’s is okay, but I’d rather have them from the bakery at a Wegman’s Supermarket.

Consider yourself lucky. Duncan Donuts are all over the place here, we always had a few but something like 27 opened up in the past 3 or 4 years. Tim Horton’s > Duncan Donuts. Although I think coffee is absolutely putrid and the only liquid I’ve found to date that tastes worse than beer and I’m not a fan of donuts, Tim Horton’s has better breakfast and lunch meals then DD.

New York has gone kind of crazy about DD. When we went back 2 years ago to visit family in Albany, it seemed liked there was one every corner. Supposedly - I am told it is about the coffee - but I don't believe people are going in there to "just" drink coffee, when there are donuts to be eaten. Only one DD here in Bloomington-Normal. Indeed, not many donut shops at all for some reason.

Tim Horton’s has the best sandwiches! I’m not a soup guy, but their potato bacon soup is awesome too, only problem is it goes pretty fast and most locations are out of it more often than not. One night I hit 12, that’s right TWELVE Tim’s locations as I was 0-12 at finding it. The other day I had the new Club Sandwich at one location started driving and went about a mile and a half down the road and had another one at a different location. I don’t like coffee or any latte related things except for their Iced Cappuccinos. What you had up in Canada might have been different what we get in the US. Tim Horton’s Canada and Tim Horton’s USA are two essentially different companies. Like I said not a big donut guy, but I will eat one or two if offerer. Tim’s is okay, but I’d rather have them from the bakery at a Wegman’s Supermarket.

I don't know where you get your information from but you are wrong about Tim Hortons being different companies. My daughter is a supervisor for the one Grand Island. Oh, btw, the owner of the Timmies on the Island, also owns one in Lewsiton and three in the Niagara Region of Ontario. They may have some different local menu items, but the major difference in the two different countries stores are, that our large coffee is Canada's Extra Coffee, and you can't use your U.S. Tim's Card in Canada.

... but the major difference in the two different countries stores are, that our large coffee is Canada's Extra ...

Thanks for explaining about the sizes. Recently I was in Nova Scotia for two weeks and every time I'd go to Tim's and order a large one, I'd get what we'd consider a medium down here. It was driving me nuts.

Oh, and to Steve Mehs, I agree about Wegmans I stop almost everyday for coffee and a couple of donuts at the local store. Can't beat them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)