Netflix Nickel and Dime Practices Need to Stop . . . Who is With Me ???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

cjwct

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 2, 2006
Glastonbury, CT
I find it utterly ridiculous that less than a year ago I had to increase my Unlimited Movie Monthly plan from $17 to $20 just to receive Blu-Ray movies. I did not complain then and I am starting to realize that by not complaining is why businesses continue to rob us blind without a care in the world. That is why I am here to complain about the email I just received from Netflix:

"The price of your current plan, which includes access to Blu-ray discs, is changing from $20.99 a month to $23.99 a month. This new price will be effective with your next billing statement on or after January 2, 2011, and will be referenced in your Membership Details. With your current plan you can both instantly watch unlimited TV episodes and movies on your computer or TV and receive unlimited DVDs by mail."

I am flabbergasted! But should I be? Just the other day CEO Hastings said, “We are now primarily a streaming video company delivering a wide selection of TV shows and films over the Internet."

Hmmmmmm . . . primarily a streaming company? Doesn't that mean you need the network streaming and storage capabilities to make that possible? Where oh where can that money come from? Oh wait, customers happily agreed to a $3 increase for Blu-Ray, now lets charge them another $4 "just because." This increased revenue will allow us to build our system while those people who only want streaming for $7/month will be happy.

I understand some of you are going to tell me to "shut up" and "deal with it," but I respectfully ask you, when do you think these practices will end? I will tell you when . . . never! We as Americans sit by, nod our heads, maybe mumble a complaint to a loved one, but we still send our money wherever and to whomever. I do not know about any of you, but I will be changing my plan to the $10 1 at a time plan with streaming just to send a message! Of course my voice will be lost if I am the only one, so I humbly ask you to take a moment with your loved ones and see if you can "survive" on just 1 movie at a time; if you can, I say let's all stick it to the big Netflix man and send a message!

These practices will end when there are no customers who will pay for the service. Everyone has a choice with any service provider. You elect to pay the cost or you don't. It's really that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts