Status
Please reply by conversation.

TimLones111

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
Canton, Ohio
I want to apologize first..
I believe I've had this problem before, and got an answer to it, but not sure how to search it as its kind of involved..

In pulling down the channels off the Satellites/Transponders, using the Fortec Star Dynamic Receiver on the USALS setting. and a Sadoun DG-280 motor, I am finding for example, dupicate channels on 97 and 99w with very similar transponder numbers,,,Also, some channels that should be on 89 show up on 91 W..Ready just to start over..Thanks for any info..

I have experienced this myself over the time I've been in this hobby. My first receiver was a Fortecstar Lifetime Ultra. When it's memory would start to approach the limit it would do some funny things. Toward the end of it's life before it was ruined by lightning, I found the best way to avoid the duplicate TP and channel issue was to not scan through a switch. During those times I would connect the cable directly and let it scan away.

Since you are catching channels from adjacent satellites, I suspect that your dish is not 2 degree compliant. It's typical on 80cm and 90cm dishes to pick up neighboring sats, when they are only 2 degrees apart. Larger dishes have a tighter focus. I used to have this problem all the time when Equity was on 123W . I'd always get both 125W PBS channels and 123W channels when scanning using a 80cm dish. Now that I'm using a commercial 1.0M dish for Ku, I don't see this anymore.
:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)