AZBOX Duplicate DiSEqC 1.2 Position Numbers?

MarkVA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Northern Virginia, USA
Folks -- In an effort to try to simplify my programming on my Premium+, I'm wondering if it's OK to use the same DiSEqC 1.2 position number for the C and Ku sides of the same spacecraft? Right now, I have the C-Band side set to one position and the Ku side to another. Clearly, my GBox V3000 can handle duplicates, but, it would be good to cut the number of position settings in approximately half. I would plan to use the Ku position setting since the downlink is several times more narrow as the C-band downlink

Thanks in advance for any help & advice.

If your receiver supports it, yes. DiSEqC 1.2 is only a reference number for a saved motor position.

If you experience interference (adjacent satellite or terrestrial) you may find the dish positioning may slightly vary between C and KU bands for the same satellite. You then might consider adding separate position for each band.

If your receiver supports it, yes. DiSEqC 1.2 is only a reference number for a saved motor position.

If you experience interference (adjacent satellite or terrestrial) you may find the dish positioning may slightly vary between C and KU bands for the same satellite. You then might consider adding separate position for each band.

Super -- thanks. I'll give it a try on a couple of strong spacecraft and see what happens.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)