Duplicate recordings of the same episode?

VegasVoomer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 3, 2004
Las Vegas
A weird thing started happening within the last 2 weeks. I have a couple timers set to record "Only New" episodes that are on once a week. They are on channels that have a showing at one time and then 3 hours later the same episode is on again. For instance at 6pm and again at 9pm on TLC. I go to watch the recording a few days later and find that it recorded the 6pm showing and then recorded the 9pm showing also. Both have identical descriptions. The other night I recorded Deadliest Catch new episode at 6pm. I turned on the TV at 9:15pm and noticed something was recording and saw it was the same Deadliest Catch episode recording again. I double checked the timers and they are set to record Only New. Has anyone else had this happen? :confused:

Same thing here (with deadliest catch)
Also the O'reilly factor on fnc has been recording duplicates (twice a night)
Looking at the epg for today its set to record 7pm show but it has an x on 10pm show (I will let you know if it records anyway)
I have also noticed that the banner at the top says "new" for both airings.

Mine shows an orange X on the guide too for the later airing but when the time arrives the X goes away and it starts recording.

I have this happen with Turn and Mad Men on AMC, Nurse Jackie on Showtime, and Fargo on FX over the last couple of weeks. The guide shows subsequent airings as "skipped", but they record anyway. It happens on both the Hopper 2k and the HWS.

This is one of the more annoying aspects of all the glitchy timer issues that started two updates ago. Almost as annoying as the hopper "thinking" it is recording duplicates, but not actually recording anything, not using any tuners, but refusing to allow you to record something else because it "thinks" the tuners are in use. These timer issues need to be fixed pronto. They've been ongoing for at least 2 1/2 months.

I'm not seeing any of the timer issues you folks have described on my H2K with S431. I must lead a charmed life.

Last edited:
Same thing here. Lots of strange timer related oddities with my H2K, including recording duplicate new episodes (i.e. @ 6:00, then again @ 9:00, etc).

I've been having these duplicate recordings, too. Don't usually notice until I go into the program to watch. At least there's plea th of space on my HWS.

Same thing here (with deadliest catch)
Also the O'reilly factor on fnc has been recording duplicates (twice a night)
Looking at the epg for today its set to record 7pm show but it has an x on 10pm show (I will let you know if it records anyway)
I have also noticed that the banner at the top says "new" for both airings.

So last night it did not record both airings.

This is one of the more annoying aspects of all the glitchy timer issues that started two updates ago. Almost as annoying as the hopper "thinking" it is recording duplicates, but not actually recording anything, not using any tuners, but refusing to allow you to record something else because it "thinks" the tuners are in use. These timer issues need to be fixed pronto. They've been ongoing for at least 2 1/2 months.
I've had that happen too. It says its recording something on the guide but there is nothing showing in the folders as being recorded and it ties up that tuner. Plus, it was impossible to stop it from recording because it wasn't really recording at all.

I think this is more a problem many of us are having with the Guide no matter the receiver. It appears to me the difference is in how the Hopper and the VIP handle it. I gave many of my similar examples to a DIRT member who is passing on to the Tech department. My guide issues are at an all time high. (VIP receiver) It did start about two months ago or so, worse now however.

I think this is more a problem many of us are having with the Guide no matter the receiver. It appears to me the difference is in how the Hopper and the VIP handle it. I gave many of my similar examples to a DIRT member who is passing on to the Tech department. My guide issues are at an all time high. (VIP receiver) It did start about two months ago or so, worse now however.

Brief summary of symptoms?

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)