Duplicate Search Results Returned Bug on Vip622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

FitzAusTex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
Austin, TX
Since the release before L512 (L510?), I've been getting odd search results returned. It appears to be 'mostly' on the channels that are on 110, but has happened with ESPN2 (129 for me).

If I bring up the guide and use the search key on let's say something on HBO channel 300, I get a duplicate incorrect result on channel 6383 (my ABC Dish HD local). If I select that result, I get the following "This program not available for viewing in your area". If I select the Help button, I get "The program you are trying to watch is blacked out in your area". Obviously movies on HBO are not blacked out

I've played around with it, and have locked out 6383, and then the search finds results for HBO (or any of the channels this is happening on) on channel 5710 (Test channel). My 622 appears to default the return of the false result on 5710, but I normally have 5710 locked out, thus I get the result on the next unlocked channel that comes after 5710. (in my case 6383).

Anyone else having this issue? It happened sometime last year, too, but I either did something to make it go away, or dish fixed it.

Is this maybe an E* channel flag error, or mapdown issue or something? I havent called/emailed yet them yet, but I'd like this issue to go away.

I have a 1000+ (110, 118.7, 119, 129) and the channels it is definitely happening on are:
TNT (138)
ESPN (140)
ESPN2 (144)
NFL (154)
HBO E (300)
SHO E (318)
HDNET (362)
HDTHTR (364)
HDNET Movies (383)

Last edited:
To make the duplicates go away you have to block channels. TNT has 3 channels - TNT SD, TNT HD(138) and TNT HD (9xxx). Decide which channels you want only in HD and which you want in HD and SD. SciFi Channel is an example of a channel you would want in HD and SD, because so much of its programming is SD and for DVR purposes SD takes less drive space. Also decide where you want the channels - 3 digit or 4 digit. Then go to your remote, press MENU>5>enter password>2 and block out the channels you do not want. If you have not yet set up Parental Controls, you will need to create a password.

Right, I know that. This is different. This issue involves incorrect search results.

Mr. Woodcock is on HBO right now on channel 300 and 9456. Mr. Woodcock is NOT on channel 5710, but I get a search result showing that Mr. Woodcock is on 300, 5710, and 9456. 5710 is the problem...

Yes, I have a ViP622 and I have the same problem with channel HDNMV (383). When I search for a movie on this channel it gives me a duplicate result on channel TEST (5710). On the search result window, the movie descriptor shows TEST (5710) as the channel, even though there's no such a movie on TEST (5710). The table with the results at the half bottom of the screen however labels the channel 5710 as being *HDNMV*, what is obviously incorrect and inconsistent with the movie descriptor! The search function is messed up, badly. The problem is there since the first release of a L5xx.

There are some channels in the 5XXX range that most of us cannot get, but are showing up in the search results. Because the actual channel is "invisible" you are seeing the closest channel to it numerically.

Definitely a bug.

Thanks guys for confirming. Yes, I recall my receivers/switch recognizing a whole bunch of 5xxx channels with L510. I did a check switch, and they went away, but I immediately started getting these incorrect search results. If I recall, the same exact thing happened with the 5xxx channels last year, and the same thing with these weird search results.

Yes, "closest" unlocked channel to 5710 shows up in results, in my case 63xx (my HD locals). If I lock out my HD locals, and since I have the 9xxxs locked out, my 622s return 9900 (What's on Dish 500) - the closest channel, which E* no longer lets us lock out.

This is only happening for those channels I listed, all MPEG2 HD channels, except for ESPN2, which I think is MPEG4.

Wonder if anyone has reported this to E* (I haven't). What's the most effective way to report this, as CSRs are generally useless with this sort of stuff?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)