DVB A/B SWITCH Channels how to?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

talrudeboy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 19, 2004
I want instuctions fromt hose who has the DVB and Regular KU ban setup.

I have ST3688

Winegard 30"/75cm Offset dish (DS2076)

SG2100 DiSEqC Motor Now just

I have an A/B switch for the KU LNB and my new DTV LNB i had sitting around doing nothing.

So far What i do is.

1. Go to the Sat.
2. Whil the ST3688 is on Press the B switch to switch over to the DVB LNB (no motor)
3. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DO I Change the Freq to 11255 and Save it and Blind search?
DO I Change the freq to 11255 and Save then turn of the unit and turn it back on?

I am lost. I tried it all and no signal.
Help

:) :D

talrudeboy said:
I want instuctions fromt hose who has the DVB and Regular KU ban setup.

I have ST3688

I have an A/B switch for the KU LNB and my new DTV LNB i had sitting around doing nothing.

So far What i do is.

1. Go to the Sat.
2. Whil the ST3688 is on Press the B switch to switch over to the DVB LNB (no motor)
3. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DO I Change the Freq to 11255 and Save it and Blind search?
DO I Change the freq to 11255 and Save then turn of the unit and turn it back on?

I am lost. I tried it all and no signal.
Help

:) :D

I'm confused...is the DBS LNB on the motorized dish or freestanding?
also, is it a manual a/b switch?
dbs LO is 11250, not 11255

lets for sake of argument say youi have both on the same dish.
get rid of the a/b switch and get a diseqc 2x1 switch. put it between the dish and motor so if you pick either dbs or KU, the motor will move. If you dont want the motor to move for DBS, put the diseqc between the receiver and motor

Yes Free standing Mounted next to the KU band lmb
Separate cable for both of course.
Yes Manual A/B Switch

hook it up this way...makes it easier :)

receiver------diseqc 2x1 switch--------motor-------KU band
--------------------dbs band (this runs off the other port on the Diseqc)

make port 1 KU and port 2 DBS.
The motor only would move when you select the KU band :)

no problem

I'm running the same thing, except for 2 DBS and 2 KU.
Port 1 goes to the motorized unit
Port 2 is Dish 119 (for audio)
Port 3 is for EVu (for the radio stations)
Port 4 is for fixed dish at 123

I actually would suggest putting the motor between the receiver and switch, which is how I have mine set up. That way you can send motor commands to turn to any sat, Ku FSS or DBS. Plus it's just more symmetric. :) Adjust (play around with) the satellite positions appropriately to account for your horizontal offset from the DBS one being off to the side a little (probably 5-8 degrees off in whatever direction the LNB is).

his DBS dish is fixed.....no reason to move the motorized dish if the DBS is fixed.

easy access to go from DBS to whatever satellite the motorized is on :)

talrudeboy said:
Yes Free standing Mounted next to the KU band lmb
Separate cable for both of course.
Yes Manual A/B Switch
I read the "next to the KU band lmb" (sic.) as meaning it's just a DBS LNB, not a whole separate dish. Also he mentions the LNB was just sitting around doing nothing. :)
I think he misunderstood "free standing", or I'm misunderstanding something here, of course...

if its next to the KU band on the same dish, then the switch goes between the motor and the LNB's

Yes LMB is next to the KU Lnb

only on dish.
One receiver.

Hey Ice burg,
1. With your setup how many Receivers you have and how do you toggle back and forth if more that 1.

2. How many channels you have with that channels

talrudeboy said:
only on dish.
One receiver.

Hey Ice burg,
1. With your setup how many Receivers you have and how do you toggle back and forth if more that 1.
2 receivers...one is set to the 4x1 diseqc...the other gets G10 (fixed dish) and whatever satellite the motorized is on
2. How many channels you have with that channels
around 110 video and 100 audio
Nimiq 1 (ExpressVu) is about 35 audio channels and the barker channel
Dish 119 is aropund 65 audio channels (the mono & CD ones..not Sirius)

The 110 video is between the motorized and fixed dish at G10. The only things I get on DBS are Dish 101, Nasa, Angel One, and Nimiq barker channel

Who currently has this setup?
I have ST3688

I have an A/B switch for the KU LNB(on motor) and my like new DTV LNB I had sitting around doing nothing.

I get regular digital sat stuff.
I want to use the DVM LNB TO get DVB Stuff.

Who has this setup with switches and motor and 1 Receiver?

talrudeboy said:
Who currently has this setup?
I have ST3688

I'm close to that, just the Pansat instead of Satworks but the wiring is all the same.
I get regular digital sat stuff.
I want to use the DVM LNB TO get DVB Stuff.

Who has this setup with switches and motor and 1 Receiver?
It's all DVB (with the Satworks at least) so I assume you mean DBS LNB and DBS stuff.

Here's how you should wire yours if you're going to get a DiSEqC 2x1 or 4x1 switch (minus grounding to keep the explanation simple):
1. Cable going from receiver's "LNB/IF Input" jack to the SG2100's "to receiver" jack.

2. Cable going from SG2100's "to LNB" jack to the "to receiver" jack of the DiSEqC switch.

3. Cable going from "LNB 1" of the switch to one of the LNBS (I suggest the Ku FSS one).

4. Cable going from "LNB 2" of the switch to the other LNB (i.e. the Ku DBS one).

Here's a little diagram to make things clearer. The things in parenthises, like "(LNB)" are shortened labels for the appropriate jacks on the devices.
Code:
ST3688 (LNB) ---- (xcvr) SG2100 (LNB) ---- (xcvr) DiSEqC 2x1 (LNB 1) ---- Ku FSS
                                                       +---- (LNB 2) ---- Ku DBS
I strongly suggest you get the DiSEqC switch since they are quite cheap and greatly simplify things. For now, all you need is a DiSEqC 2x1 switch. The Satworks can handle the switching (someone else can go through the DiSEqC setup for each sat since I don't have a Satworks).

Alternatively you could buy a 22kHz switch and it should work fine in the same wiring configuration with your SG2100. It would not work, however, if you put the switch between the motor and the receiver.

Tux
The Pansat & Satwork are different when it comes to a motor. I have found out that this probably won't work. What I've understood it as is that you cant have a motor and more than one LNB's attached to the setup. (the Pansat allows that. Ive done it with a 4x1 switch once)

Since the OP asked if anyone was doing it with his exact setup, all we can do as non Satwork users is speculate whether or not it will work.

talrudeboy
The best option is to get a Diseqc switch and try it. You wont hurt anything by trying :)

Iceberg said:
Tux
The Pansat & Satwork are different when it comes to a motor. I have found out that this probably won't work. What I've understood it as is that you cant have a motor and more than one LNB's attached to the setup. (the Pansat allows that. Ive done it with a 4x1 switch once)

Since the OP asked if anyone was doing it with his exact setup, all we can do as non Satwork users is speculate whether or not it will work.
Hopefully they fix this in their firmware... it's a shame, should be such simple functionality (merely different DiSEqC commands for the motor than for the switch).

The 22kHz switch may be the better option then, since that's how the motor gets its commands anyways and passes the tone through. Support for this in the Satworks would be the same as having a motor with a universal LNB. Unless they screwed that up also... :(

Sounds like a plan.
Ok I will re-config the position of my lnb and do some investigation.
I may order a switch just in case.
Thanks guys.
I will let you know if any developements

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts