DVB PCI card with HD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

techno935

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 27, 2006
Pompano Beach, FL
Most of them do handle the 4:2:2 broadcasts. Are there any that don't? I've broken down and decided to get one so I can see the Gator basketball games. Any thoughts on what NOT to get. Thanks in advance.

I would suggest getting a card that is compatible with the Software that you plan on using because most will do it as long as you have the correct Video codecs installed.

It's not up the card.. it's up to the software. As said before.. get a card that works with the software you will use to watch the signals with. I would make sure the card works with TSReader and DVBDream. Two awesome but different applications for DVB devices.

Any thoughts on what NOT to get.

Yes. Don't get a Nexus-S
It won't do hi def in hardware, so it's a waste of money.

Also, if you see a Kworld K-100 (?) card, run do not walk as far away as possible.
It's a dog!
(arf! arf!)

digiblur said:
.. get a card that works with the software you will use to watch the signals with.
I would make sure the card works with TSReader and DVBDream.

Good advice.
I would add MyTheatre to the software list, to make three.

Okay kiddies get out your marshmallows because I sense a flame will be roaring any moment now.... ;)

Don't have either. Don't have a PCI card either (I suck), but eventually. I've heard good things about DVBDream too, but if you need Closed Captioning support I believe that MyTheatre is currently the only one that offers that.

Okay kiddies get out your marshmallows because I sense a flame will be roaring any moment now.... ;)

Don't have either. Don't have a PCI card either (I suck), but eventually. I've heard good things about DVBDream too, but if you need Closed Captioning support I believe that MyTheatre is currently the only one that offers that.

When I first got into DVB-S PCI cards , Dream seemed easier to set up & get working .

But I ended up using MT . For a couple of years , now .

I suggest a machine close to the 3 ghz range for HD . And not a Celeron . Especially if you run ( as I do ) cheap out of the box EMachine type of computer w/ onboard audio & video .

It takes a lot more CPU yo process HD .

Wyr

not gonna argue

I've had my troubles with MT.
However, I'm still looking for something else to handle the Twinhan Starbox properly.
DVBdream won't.
RitzDVB doesn't seem to.
TSreader was $100 last time I looked.

I've had my troubles with MT.
However, I'm still looking for something else to handle the Twinhan Starbox properly.
DVBdream won't.
RitzDVB doesn't seem to.
TSreader was $100 last time I looked.

My friend says Starbox works with ProgDVB and MyTheatre. That would be for Starbox I. Starbox II has BDA drivers, so it may work with other programs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts