DVB-S2 HDTV PCI Card - Favorite features

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Summary

The following is a summary of what has been posted. I may have missed some stuff but I think I got most of the important/popular opinions.

The number one request is DVB-S2 (And DVB-S) Hardware/Fast Blindscan

Support for low and high symbol rates is requested, as some of the current cards on the market do not support all common symbol rates.

PCI-e was preferred, second was PCI or USB (even though it has less throughput and may not be able to lock some feeds)

A Very sensitive tuner is requested

tsreader support has a number of requests

hardware decoding of 4:2:2 feeds was suggested, but if it makes it too expensive or requires proprietary software it is not desired by all.

Trellis Support had a couple requests (hopefully on a future card for under $500)

A couple requests for an ATSC tuner built along side the DVB-S/DVB-S2 tuner if this does not cause the price to go to much higher.

This was posted by Smith, P. for a future-proof card:
The card should support QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK; wide bandwidth mode (40 Mhz at least), SR: 1 to 80 Mbps; input: -72...-20 dBm; input freq: 250...2200 Mhz; support DSS-3 mode ( DTV Ka sats).

The following is a summary of what has been posted. I may have missed some stuff but I think I got most of the important/popular opinions.

The number one request is DVB-S2 (And DVB-S) Hardware/Fast Blindscan

Support for low and high symbol rates is requested, as some of the current cards on the market do not support all common symbol rates.

PCI-e was preferred, second was PCI or USB (even though it has less throughput and may not be able to lock some feeds)

A Very sensitive tuner is requested

tsreader support has a number of requests

hardware decoding of 4:2:2 feeds was suggested, but if it makes it too expensive or requires proprietary software it is not desired by all.

Trellis Support had a couple requests (hopefully on a future card for under $500)

A couple requests for an ATSC tuner built along side the DVB-S/DVB-S2 tuner if this does not cause the price to go to much higher.

This was posted by Smith, P. for a future-proof card:
The card should support QPSK, 8PSK, 16APSK, 32APSK; wide bandwidth mode (40 Mhz at least), SR: 1 to 80 Mbps; input: -72...-20 dBm; input freq: 250...2200 Mhz; support DSS-3 mode ( DTV Ka sats).

... And could you bring it in at about $50 ?

:)

can you show me a standalone receiver that can do all that ? you cant. never mind $300. there is no point comparing price when your comparing apples to oranges.

Hmm...I somehow missed this thread earlier. I definitely vote for hardware blindscan that can do S2 since that seems to be all the rave recently. As far as onboard encoding, with the current processor and video card processing, that doesn't matter much to me. I can run DVBDream with ATI's AVIVO or NVIDIA's PureVideo codec and let my videocard do the work. As far as interface, PCIe all the way. USB is nice for laptop users, but it's nowhere near as durable as an actually card inside of a computer. Anything externally connected is susceptable to getting damaged. I don't want to pay $100+ for a piece of gear and it risk getting broken by a misguided foot or something. And PCI is a rapidly dying technology, much like ISA. PCIe is the idea interface IMO.

Status
Please reply by conversation.