DVB-S2 TP for practice

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dunnsept

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 10, 2008
Central Meechigan
anybody recommend a sat/tp that's dvb-s2 that I can use to dial-in and make sure my setup works properly and to check codecs for audio and video?

I've been trying for RTN on C-band but I get nothing.. no video or audio, but an SQ of 55%

thanks!

sweet.. thanks.. I'll go test it now.. here's hopin!

hmmmm.. nothing so far.. shows 61% SQ.. if I set to coreavc I get a green screen, ffdshow gives me a grey screen.
going to try mainconcept and see what I get.. soooo.. seems like a software setup problem on my side

Last edited:
sweet.. thanks.. I'll go test it now.. here's hopin!

hmmmm.. nothing so far.. shows 61% SQ.. if I set to coreavc I get a green screen, ffdshow gives me a grey screen.
going to try mainconcept and see what I get.. soooo.. seems like a software setup problem on my side

What dvb software are you using?

On Ku, AMC21, Louisiana PBS is DVB-S2.:)

eurosport, I"ve never been able to hit the Louisiana PBS, maybe you have a better look at the bird from your location? I seem to get everything else quite strong on that bird so its kind of a mystery for me. I think it was Lak7 who said it was a strong signal during the day but faded at night, anyway, I can't get it either day or night, I've tried.

eurosport, I"ve never been able to hit the Louisiana PBS, maybe you have a better look at the bird from your location? I seem to get everything else quite strong on that bird so its kind of a mystery for me. I think it was Lak7 who said it was a strong signal during the day but faded at night, anyway, I can't get it either day or night, I've tried.
I have a 1.2m Primestar/Channel Master fixed on that bird ,so I think the larger dish size helps out a little with signal levels, and a lot with adjacent-satellite interference.

Using DVBViewer on a Technotrend 3600.
I've got ffdshow and coreavc codecs along with vista ultimate and adobe (mainconcept)

neighbor came down for a beer so I didn't get much else tested.. will try again tomorrow

Using DVBViewer on a Technotrend 3600.
I've got ffdshow and coreavc codecs along with vista ultimate and adobe (mainconcept)

neighbor came down for a beer so I didn't get much else tested.. will try again tomorrow

Are you scanning with Transedit? I find its a lot better than scanning with Dvbviewer.

Dunnsept,

If you have Ku try this one. Its Safeway IPTV, but you can at least lock it for testing.

Galaxy 28
11747 H 5788
DVB-S2 IPTV

thanks guys.. yep.. I used transedit. It scanned in all of those nbc channels without a problem and the SQ was at 55 to 60%.. but no pic or audio.
will try again with the others this weekend. just have to figure out how to get the TechnoTrend to power the LNB for Ku.. haven't seen that yet in there.. (but also haven't really looked either)

nbc channels without a problem and the SQ was at 55 to 60%
For me, I need Q70+ for the Ku NBC DVB-S2 to show a picture.
I have not tested how low the NBC C Band will go before loosing the Picture, I usually have Q87, and have not seen anything above Q90 on the Diamond 9000.

cut-off on the TT usb is 40% .. I've not seen anything above 65% on anything I've done so far with it.. but that doesn't mean much.
This is on my 9' mesh with corotor.

but in watching other channels, even with 45% or so, it's a very nice picture.. those are just DVB tho and not dvb-s2.

I'll play around with it this weekend. maybe I'll also borrow a machine from work to see if it makes any difference. I don't trust vista much...

I also think I'll stick with trying to find the C band stuff for now as my mesh dish isn't the best on Ku. time for the weather to change so I can put up the primestar ;-)

...my mesh dish isn't the best on Ku. time for the weather to change so I can put up the primestar ;-)
You will be pleased with it. Primestars will outperform BUD's on Ku 99% of the time. They're Ku screamers! Signal quality is usually over 85% on anything I aim 'em at, and rainfade is nearly non-existant...even on S2 signals on AMC21, which is a somewhat low look angle for me.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts