This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DVB-S2X or T2-MI feeds?

mr3p

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 1, 2010
West
Are there any DVB-S2X or T2MI feeds in North America? I was looking at Lyngsat and I couldn't tell.

Are there any DVB-S2X or T2MI feeds in North America? I was looking at Lyngsat and I couldn't tell.
yes, T2MI channels on SES4 @ 40.5W, mostly from Colombia. I get some of them on the OSMIO4K. I'm not aware of any others that we can get in North America

As for DVB-S2X I don't know

Lyngsat shows T2MI in the second column from left (System SR FEC column) where applicable. For example, the Teleantioquia transponder on SES 6 @ 40.5W shows T2MI. I had to install the the T2MI software on my Edision to receive these two HD channels.

Reactions: c-spand
I downloaded T2MI for my Mio+ via my Edision from the Extra section of the Plugin menu. If there is the T2MI module visible to download on your Mio, then it should be OK to install, I would think.

Reactions: c-spand
I downloaded T2MI for my Mio+ via my Edision from the Extra section of the Plugin menu. If there is the T2MI module visible to download on your Mio, then it should be OK to install, I would think.
I will have to look. It is the original tnap. I never tried to install plug ins.

I wish I could see 40.5W but that would mean cutting down a lot of my neighbors trees Anything else further west?

I cannot find it on this version. I cannot get that sat anyway. But would be nice because i have pulled up many t2mi.

I cannot find it on this version. I cannot get that sat anyway. But would be nice because i have pulled up many t2mi.
You really need to load the latest TNAP, if you are running 3.0~. You have 4 slots to play with, what's taking you so long? The latest is the BEST version by FAR.

Follow THIS post first: Edision - Edision Mio Configuration Issue

THEN run this:
Menu > Setup > Flash Image > TNAP-4.1 (click on the +) > TNAP-4.1-osmio4k_20210911_multiboot.zip > Flash Image

After that's all complete, run a software update:

MENU > Setup > Software Update > OK button

Then you'll be able to load the T2MI drivers

I need to update to 4.1, I guess this will be my excuse even though still not sure there is any T2-MI for me to see

Reactions: primestar31
What so special about T2-MI modulation scheme better bandwidth method and not heavily used in NA?

Other tasty modulation to play with!

Thanks Titanium. What about DVB-S2X?

DVBS2X will likely become more widely used as satellite providers upgrade platforms to make more efficient use of the reduced C-band band frequency allocation. Since the HDTV transition to support 720+ resolutions, there hasn't been much incentive for links to upgrade equipment past DVBS2. My bet is that the C-band reallocation will provide a financial motivation.