AMIKO Amiko Mini 4K UHD S2X FTA Receiver DVB-S2X H.265 HEVC HDMI Issue

sisco07

Original poster
Dec 9, 2023
ONTARIO
Hello, Just wondering if anyone has ever had a HDMI port Malfunction on an Amiko receiver and if so how was the issue fixed? I tried 3 different HDMI cables and two diffferent tv's and it just says no signal on the tv. I went through all the V modes and still nothing. Was working fine previously. Receiver works via AV cables with no issues.

Thanks

Hello, Just wondering if anyone has ever had a HDMI port Malfunction on an Amiko receiver and if so how was the issue fixed? I tried 3 different HDMI cables and two diffferent tv's and it just says no signal on the tv. I went through all the V modes and still nothing. Was working fine previously. Receiver works via AV cables with no issues.

Thanks

In my experience when an HDMI port fails that is pretty much it. In FTA setups they are a known weak spot for static discharge and it does not take much to fry them. Since swapping cables did not work, have you tried a factory reset in the unlikely event it is a software issue? Also, never plug/unplug HDMI cables while the device is powered up.

In my experience when an HDMI port fails that is pretty much it. In FTA setups they are a known weak spot for static discharge and it does not take much to fry them. Since swapping cables did not work, have you tried a factory reset in the unlikely event it is a software issue? Also, never plug/unplug HDMI cables while the device is powered up.
Yes I did a factory reset and no luck. It should be covered under warranty I assume? I just purchased it in January of this year.

Thanks for the info.

Reactions: FTA4PA
Yes I did a factory reset and no luck. It should be covered under warranty I assume? I just purchased it in January of this year.

Thanks for the info.

You're welcome! Yes, as long as it just failed during normal use within warranty I would think it would be covered. Good luck! :)

I guess a person could use this if need be?

Yes, that would be an option. Keep in mind though that your composite RCA jacks will supply a 480p (or 576p if PAL) signal. This will be upconverted to 720p or 1080p. Not exactly sure how that process is accomplished but I would not expect a picture exactly like the original HDMI output. It should work though. Now if that receiver had component outputs you could convert that to HDMI with minimal loss. I still think your best option is to get it replaced under warranty if possible. ;)

I just ordered one of one of these

to try on the 3 receivers I have that HDMI doesn't work on. I'll let you know how it works out for me. ;-)

Just saying.................

Well, that AV to HDMI converter I got off Ebay doesn't work with my S9 nor a "cheap china" receiver that were hit by lightning a few years back

Just saying................:deadhorse2

Considering the trouble you're experiencing Lone Gunman, time for a modern receiver? The Amiko is not so pricey. And it sounds easy to use. I keep my S9 for backup. I'm still wondering if I can repair my GSP microHD since it may only need the chip that supplies the LNB voltage. I liked it a lot and would like to have it as a backup too.