dvbworld dvb-s2 usb 2104 and windows 7; 100528 rev work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gariac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Does anyone have the current revision of the dvbworld software (100528) working with windows 7. I get a "fait to init" message. Emailing worlddvb has proven useless.

DVBworld just released a new version on 9/15/2010 for the HD2104D and others. It works for the most part on Win 7 64, but not fully the blind scan function. The blind scan progress panel is not updated and the blind scan runs very slow. I'll try the blind scan on AMC3 and let it run overnight. Maybe it will be done sometime tomorrow.:rolleyes:

It installed just fine and "inits". Just where is the blind scan panel?

BTW, has anyone ever figured out the update satellite box?

FWIW, I'll probably buy ProgDVB. It has a blind scan that somewhat works. I'm a bit confused as to how read what it finds. Here is a screen shot:
http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/progblind.gif

This screen shot attempts to correlative a channel, in this case CCTV F, to what I think the blind scan found.
http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/progblind2.gif

This is the set up panel for blind scanning. It looks very brute force. You select a frequency range, step, and then symbol rates and modulation schemes. The permutations must be huge.
http://www.lazygranch.com/temp/progblind3.gif

My results may be goofy since I interrupted the scan. I will try scanning around the frequency of a known transponder as a sanity check. That is, scan over a smaller bandwidth so it actually finishes.

I have the C version, but it is the same software, right? I don't even see a menu check box for blindscan.

I guess the next question is hardware blindscanning faster than software? I suppose I could get another receiver just to blindscan since the feed horn has two linear outputs.

I guess the next question is hardware blindscanning faster than software? I suppose I could get another receiver just to blindscan since the feed horn has two linear outputs.

Yes much faster, my 2104D scans G19/97w in 3min 40 sec finding 389 TV and Radio channels. Its a great little box does all modes.

I wonder if it is doing a full blind scan. That seems very fast. What did it find on 12020?

I think the D rev came out after I got the C rev. I didn't see the D rev on the worlddvb website else I would have got the current model. I also see there is a thread about Sadoun selling C revs when promising D rev.

Does it figure out the FEC? I think it would have to in order to find the individual channels. Can you screen capture the output from the blind scan?

Does it figure out the FEC? I think it would have to in order to find the individual channels. Can you screen capture the output from the blind scan?
The 2104D USB displays FEC. Sorry, I don't have a screen print.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts