DVBWorld not recovering from Standby

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 31, 2006
Nova Scotia
I have the PCI2004d card with the latest driver installed. All is fine until the PC is put into standby or hibernation, open resuming the driver will not function unless I go into device manager and stop it and then immediately restart it.
Since i do a lot of scheduled recording with the PC waking from hibernation and returning when the recording is complete this makes the card pretty useless for anything except blind scanning.
Is any one else experiencing the same thing? any suggestion as how to fix it would be appreciated.

Um, disable the standby/hibernation, problem solved.

Standby/hibernation is for users that use the computer for 5 minutes every 24 hours to check their email. Not someone using the computer as a TV.

My PC functions like a PVR, I download the program guide once a week and selected the programs I want to record after that in turns itself on and off as the recordings are made, leaving it running 24/7 is not an option for me. Any half decent driver like those in the Prof and Twinhan cards have no trouble recovering from standby/hibernation.
I'm still not certain it is the driver, that's why I'm curious to see if any body else has the same problem.
The Prof 7301 card installed in the same PC has no trouble recovering from standby.

I have 4 PC's and a NAS in the house running 24/7, I don't understand why it's not a option.

I just put my desktop to sleep then turned it back on and started DVBWorld without a problem, but I am using the x64 driver.

Call me a green cheap skate but I have better things to do with the $74 that this PC would cost a year to leave running 24/7 at our exorbitant electricity rates. :D

I have never had any problems getting various PC working with standby using Windows although it was one of the reasons I gave up on Linux, it just wasn't worth the fight occasionally you would win, until the next upgrade......

I just put my desktop to sleep then turned it back on and started DVBWorld without a problem, but I am using the x64 driver.

Interesting, I've tried Windows 7 64bit and XP 32 bit with the same results, it's pointing towards the motherboard, I've had incompatibility problems with other hardware and this board so maybe.

I would appreciate hearing from others that have got standby working correctly before spending a lot of time digging deeper.

Forget coming OUT of hibernation, ever since I installed a DVBWorld PCIe 2006 my computer won't go INTO hibernation! The screen goes black but it never shuts down. Anybody know what THAT'S about or how to fix it? (I'm on the verge of taking the card out since it doesn't want to work as advertised anyway...)

Now I don't have my DVBWorld card installed, (and I think its a differnt version anyways) but I do have a Twinhan 1020a and Nova-S satellite cards along with a HDHomeRun and Fusion USB box for OTA antenna all working fine with my system going in and out of standby. If I'm only recording 4hrs a day, why have the desktop computer sitting idle for the rest of the time just using up the power. Standby is a reliable function. (I use it on XP Pro) My hard drives are not dieing because of the starting and stopping, It just saves on power and also the noise of it running.
Some time ago I did have problems with my Fusion USB tuner after coming out of sleep, but ever since a re-install of windows, it now works fine. (used the same Fusion driver) You may try putting the DVBWorld card in a different slot and see if it acts diffently. Also there may be ACPI version settings in your BIOS to try. Try searching the Microsoft support site, alot of articles on hibernation and standby issues.
Search The Knowledge Base
as well as an article
How to troubleshoot hibernation and standby issues in Windows XP
How to troubleshoot hibernation and standby issues in Windows XP
and a crash analysis tool.

Thanks Larry1 I'll give that a go over the next few days, I'll start with the BIOS and ACPI settings since I'm having the same problem with XP 32 bit and Windows 7 64 on the same machine, my Prof and Twinhan cards both go in and out of standby and hibernation with no issues.
I have had my PC set up for the past 2 years to download the program guide once a week from the net after its updated I spend about 15 minutes a week selected the programs I wish to record mainly PBS and History channel stuff. After that its automatic the PC wakes up records the shows selected and then goes back to sleep, this is using DVBviewer and a program called mc2xml to grab the program guide data.

Forget coming OUT of hibernation, ever since I installed a DVBWorld PCIe 2006 my computer won't go INTO hibernation! The screen goes black but it never shuts down

Had another funny experience with the DVBworld software today, I've had the software uninstalled on my W7 install for a couple of weeks, today I re-installed it after which the machine would not come out of hibernation unless the password was supplied an option that was not previously enabled, fortunately it was easy to go into the control panel and reverse it, why it made this change I have no idea. Off course the driver still didn't work.
It strikes me that DVBworld were in a rush to get the blindscan software to market and it did not undergo the extensive (or any) beta testing necessary to get a reliable product.
It's a pity the product has great potential, they really should have been using the past few months to get the bugs ironed out.

DVBWorld really has a habit of dumping products on the market with great fanfare and then disappearing lately, don't they? They also did it with the Solomend/Openbox receiver, which wasn't even theirs but they advertised it as such.

They really have me PO'd. The 32 bit driver with working blind scan S2 video won't play, the non blind scan 32 bit driver is the only one I can get to play S2 video on.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts