dvbworld satellite file format

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

gariac

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 7, 2008
Rather than hack up the existing file for the dvbworld tuners, has anyone figured on the format of SatTPlist.dat? Looking at the file with a hex editor, you can see some patterns. For instance, every transponder line is 92 characters wide.

Once you have the format, it would be straightforward to write an .ini converter.

I found a post on another forum with some information on the file format. Hopefully it is not considered bad form to post a link to another forum. [Cutting and pasting would be bad form!]
DVBWorld 2104d USB FTA
If you scroll down a bit, there are tips on how to add multiple satellites at the same location, and remark about 0x62, which is where the transponder count is stored.

Later this week as time permits, I will use the editing features of the dvbworld software to alter the satellite file, then note the changes to the file with a hex editor. That should reveal more clues about the format.

I suppose I could email dvbworld for the format, but given I never got a reply to any question I sent them, why bother. ;-)

im also working on this. ive found some info also. but it's a work in progress. the sat name is 64 bytes. the tp info is also tailed by 48 bytes of padding. sats seem to be tailed by 2 bytes of padding. id have to check my notes for the rest. but its late tonight. ill check the link you posted. i also noticed the sat count.

crackt out,.

I guess it depends what file you are reading, but I have a transponder starting at decimal 8290 with text TP17_11977_V_27500. The first null is at decimal 8308. The last null is at decimal 8353. That makes 45 bytes of padding. My guess is the padding may change a bit, but the fields are fixed. Probably the array is set to all zeros, then the data is entered.

Incidentally the 2104D is backordered from Sadoun. Delay is about a month. I think I saw a few from Sadoun on ebay which I probably could have grabbed, but figured I'd just wait for fresh stock.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)