DVD and VHS collection treasures?

Status
Not open for further replies.

trey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 2, 2004
SC
The demise of video rental seems to have encouraged people to build up a large collection of titles, but which ones do you particularly cherish? I enjoy the nostalgia angle of the fugly Vette in Corvette Summer.:D

17438.jpg

corvettesummer1.jpg

The Gumball Rally

Seven Nights In Japan

Hidemi Aoki

Car stuff, eh?

I have Gumball Rally on both Laser and DVD. I also own the original poster and a lobby card set.

Lots of other car movies, musicals, comedies, adventure, animation, etc. Probably have over 1000 titles on various media.

The demise of video rental seems to have encouraged people to build up a large collection of titles, but which ones do you particularly cherish? I enjoy the nostalgia angle of the fugly Vette in Corvette Summer.:D

17438.jpg

corvettesummer1.jpg

The Gumball Rally

Seven Nights In Japan

Hidemi Aoki
I grew up watching star wars movies and the first time I saw corvette summer I went whoa thats a young luke skywalker. :D

First season of Knight Rider is gold, especially the scene (episode 21. Nobody Does It Better) where K.I.T.T. is chased by an AMC Gremlin!

1782Knight_Rider_Season_1.jpg

Laugh if you like, but my most treasured is probably "Father Goose." I don't know why that particular film appeals to me so much.
Father Goose.jpg

1) Showtime Entertainment's stageplay of "You Can't Take it With you" (never put on DVD and RARE--tapes go for upwards of $50 at times!)

2) Remember WENN's VHS tape (AMC show) with 4 episodes intended (supposedly) for judges of whatever cable award the show was up-for (that's the story I got)

3) PBS feed I taped from C-band back in 1986-ish of "American Playhouse" with the show: "A Walk in the Woods" starring Sam Waterston and Robert Prosky.

None of the above are available commercially on DVD.....and while some video is 20-plus years old, all are "acceptable" when transferred to DVD to preserve them! (no copyguard on either of the first two....copied for PERSONAL PRESERVATION only, of course!)

I have The Wonder Years back when it aired on ABC with the Original Commercials. Little did I know they would have so much trouble getting it released on DVD.

televisionarchives said:
I have The Wonder Years back when it aired on ABC with the Original Commercials. Little did I know they would have so much trouble getting it released on DVD.

Isn't wonder years on amazon on demand (prime) now?

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

A friend of mine who worked at a Convention got me a really clear vhs copy of the Star Wars Christmas Special with the Original Commercials. It's bad but still interesting to watch . The Commercials are what I really wanted anyway.

televisionarchives said:
Yes but it's not the original version. The Music is changed and edited and it's not complete but it's better then nothing.

That sucks! The music was always great!

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I believe it's a problem with Married With Children as well. The Frank Sinatra song Love and Marriage is not on the DVD from what I heard.

That's incredible! I have rarely heard of anyone else having The Wonder Years from its original ABC airings with the Original Commercials. Did you tape The Wonder Years yourself, or did you acquire those episodes from a tape trader?

You have to feel sorry for the Sony Betamax, good concept but Sony didn't get the film companies to release movies on the format early enough.

2904769910102003169S600x600Q85.jpg

You have to feel sorry for the Sony Betamax, good concept but Sony didn't get the film companies to release movies on the format early enough.

2904769910102003169S600x600Q85.jpg

I still have a working Beta machine. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts